cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 61

Re: Best way to get accurate information about Fibre availability?

Just appears odd that the dslchecker does not show FTTC when using your phone number. However I have seen similar in my own are when fibre availability was imminent. Maybe or maybe not in your case 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jroden17
Contributor
Message 12 of 61

Yes, I thought that too. It's a strange area a lot of nearby properties share postcodes, my property address shows that I will be able to get fibre on openreaches checker and there is definitely a fibre cabinet nearby. There should be no way I get screwed over, right?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 61

postcodes can have more than 1 cab but address is good but phone number is most accurate.  I would just check that one of the cabs you have mentioned have a 5 on it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jroden17
Contributor
Message 14 of 61

Yeah I may go for a stroll later on and have a look. I'm pretty sure I have definitely seen the 5 on it before though. Thanks for the help
0 Ratings
jroden17
Contributor
Message 15 of 61

Sorry to bother you again.

When I run telephone no. on openreach checker I get this: status is connect

You're in a plan to get Superfast fibre but we haven't started work yet. It'll be built either as part of our fibre programme or through a partnership with your local authority.
If you'd like to know when you can order fibre, register your details.

Postcode and address again is connect but I get this message

We're connecting power to the new fibre cabinet and joining the new fibre lines to the existing copper network. You can't order a fibre service today but typically it'll be available to your premises within the next four months.
If you'd like to know when you can order fibre, register your details.
Find out more about the fibre journey.

I think that pretty much confirms that I will be getting the fibre just seems a bit unclear hopefully a few more weeks and it will be sorted.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 61

I hope you do get fibre but that looke like a standard reply  if you look at the graph I posted that gives a good indication of speed expected over distance from street cabinet

0 Ratings
jroden17
Contributor
Message 17 of 61

yeah judging by that I should be able to get at least 60meg which is a colossal improvement over the 2 ive gotten for 10 years...

Does cab distance from exchange matter at all or is that irrelevant? I'm probably about 2miles from the exchange
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 61

irrelevant as the fibre will deliver the full 80mb to the cab so it is distance from cab that counts

0 Ratings
jroden17
Contributor
Message 19 of 61

brilliant!
0 Ratings
jroden17
Contributor
Message 20 of 61

Hi jolly my nearest cab is cab 7, but apparently i am served by cabinet 5, I also checked using a friends landline who lives about 10m from Cab 7 and he also is served by cab 5, is that possible?
0 Ratings