cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 61

Re: Best way to get accurate information about Fibre availability?

without income there would be no fibre rollout please think about what you are writing
0 Ratings
jroden17
Contributor
Message 42 of 61

John that is quite rude imo... With all the money that BT make they could get the entire world up and running with fibre if they really wanted to, its just greed and laziness.

And i'm just saying to the other poster who mentioned wages, money is thrown around to these celebrities and wasted on materialistic bs, why dont the government clamp down, tax them heavier and invest the money into education, poverty and basic human rights.
0 Ratings
jroden17
Contributor
Message 43 of 61

Yeah you might not get fibre but guarantee you get at least 10 meg, David Cameron had planned that 10 meg will be a basic human right by end of 2017.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 61

Please take your political views elsewhere.

Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 61

You need to become an MP.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 61

P.s I get 5meg at 3km from the exchange.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
jroden17
Contributor
Message 47 of 61

Webby I sense some sarcasm there, lol. I guess everyone is against me now but I do feel openreach could do more.

Licquorice im not a political man but I understand that the fibre rollout could be sped up do you not agree. I understand that it is a huge task for openreach but with the funds and resources and I cant even get an ETA other than a generic reply from the fibre checker, come on
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 61

@jroden17

if yoou think you are on your own  when you cannot yet get fibre service then look at the link https://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/WRWMIN 

OR https://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/WRWHI

NO FIBRE AVAILABLE

0 Ratings
jroden17
Contributor
Message 49 of 61

@john46 I understand that there are many others but do I find it hard to belive them places you mentioned get less than 2meg in a built up city like London.

I dont even want an amazing lightning speed just something that would allow me and one of my family members to stream videos or play video games simultaneously would be sufficient, at the moment I can not watch a video otherwise my brother will complain his game console is lagging. It really does make a difference.

It's just a waiting game I suppose, I do feel like more could be done and that Openreach could be more open and reach out to potential customers. (Pun intended) I'm sorry if i come across as hostile I sincerely dont mean to it is just a frustrating experience.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 61

my post related to the fact those locations cannot get fibre services but yes many inner city areas get sub 2Mb services

also you are not an Openreach customer their customers are the 500+ service providers in the UK
0 Ratings