cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Best wireless channel setting for desktop PC, PC laptop, iPad, iPhone, Macbook???

Go to solution

Hi

I have the latest BT infinity home hub for over a year. I have all those devices and computers listed in the subject. I have probelm getting wireless connection on all devices working at the same time. 

My main problem was desktop PC wireless not working on channel 1. Spoke to technical support, tried Channel 7, desktop PC connection is fine, but it affected my iPhone and iPad connection. Appearently channel 1 and 11 are recommended channels, but still not working. Network interface setting 802.11 b/g/n. Now given up all manual channel setting, back to automatic setting. Now my desktop PC currently without wireless network - back to sqaure one !!!

If anyone has all or most these devices and computers connected same as me, and is working well, can you please let me know which channel you are using and other settings so I can try. 

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Best wireless channel setting for desktop PC, PC laptop, iPad, iPhone, Macbook???

Go to solution

Which channel is best for you will depend on what everyone else in your area is on. Download inssider and see what channels other people are on and chose the least popular one.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: Best wireless channel setting for desktop PC, PC laptop, iPad, iPhone, Macbook???

Go to solution

I was having major wireless problems and the recommendation on the hub was either 6 or 11, I went for 6 and that has fixed my problem.

All devices Laptop, iPad and Android Phone and Tablet now working okay.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi

Thanks for all your advice. As it is currently set to auto, when I checked this morning, it is set on Channel 6 (spot on!). My desktop PC wireless connection icon is showing "X" with no bars (like mobile signal) - meaning no connection, but when I check the browser and Outlook, everything seem to be working fine. All my i devices all working fine so far as well. 

It seem be a happy ending for this! BT wanted to charge £30 for checking the devices!!! 

Great community! Thanks! 

0 Ratings