Message 11 of 46

Re: Strange Fault - Could be connection of HH5

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 46

Re: Beware - Google Chromecast Audio & Home Hub 5

@cmcken wrote:

I only started re-using the 5 a few days ago as the 6 was so unreliable, with wifi dropouts, disconnections, etc, etc, etc! What do I do now - use the 5 without my chromecasts or go back to the 6 and suffer the wifi dropouts? Think I might bite the bullet and get rid of the BT Hubs altogether and get my life back. I've had enough of this now. 

A third party router is an option, but if you don't want to spend any more cash the other option is:

- Use the HH6 as the router with DHCP etc., but WiFi disabled

- Change the IP address of the HH5 to e.g., 192.168.1.253, disable DHCP

- Connect one of the yellow Ethernet LAN ports on the HH6 to the LAN ports on the HH5.

This essentially makes the HH5 a Wireless AP so shouldn't crash as it's not routing the CCA traffic. 

Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 46

Re: Beware - Google Chromecast Audio & Home Hub 5

I'll add my name to the list of very irritated BT/Google customers.

See my other thread for some more details and a link to the google product forum. This problem was observed in the firmware preview trials and they still rolled it out.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Strange-Fault-Could-be-connection-of-HH5/td...

It is crazy that we have to consider purchasing new hardware to overcome Googles lack of customer care and BT's use of cr#p routers. I see the HH6 is even more of a disaster than the HH5.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 46

Yes, this is the same problem.

I wonder how this one will be fixed, or if the customers will have to ditch the Chromecast  or buy a new router

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 15 of 46

Re: HH5 keeps factory resetting

Ha... Yes could be. I have 2 of them!

Will turn them both off and see if we go stable again. Will report back tonight.

@gg30340 wrote:

Have a look at these threads, they might be related.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/Beware-Google-Chromecast-Audio-amp-Home-Hub-5/td...

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Strange-Fault-Could-be-connection-of-HH5/m-...

Just spotted that thread before I saw your reply too.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 46

It is a Google update that broke it, so it is them to come up with the fix.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 17 of 46

For anyone else thats sees it here is the google chromecast forum thread.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chromecast/3PiH_40qLBw

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 46

Thanks all for the info.
Yes it's the Cc audio that's causing the hh5 to reboot when I try to set it up.
But what's going on with changing the ssid causing the HH to lock up? Surely the chromecast can't be causing that, can it?

So to get the cc audio fixed, one solution would be to wait until Google roles out a fix then take the device to a friends house with a router that it doesn't break and update it from there?

Thanks again
B.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 19 of 46

I had exactly the same problem and same solution. HH5 working fine until Monday night/Tuesday morning. Then the router was constantly rebooting. After several hours of trying all the usual things, I was about to buy a new router when I stumbled upon the chronecast thread. As soon as I turned off the Chromecast devices then the HH5 went back to normal (I had to reset a few things - e.g., split the 2.4 and 5GhZ, etc.) 

I've been onto Chromecast support this morning. Maybe we should all do this and then Google may pay attention. Ultimately, it seems that there is a specific clash between HH5 and the new Audiocast firmware upgrade on Monday night. Turning them off puts the HH5 back to normal but it means no chromecast until there is a fix.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 46

I have merged the threads together to keep everything in one place. Some of the posts may be out of order because of when they were posted in relation to each other but from now on they should be correctly ordered when you post them.

0 Ratings