cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 46

Re: Beware - Google Chromecast Audio & Home Hub 5

The CcAudio won't effect a HH without knowing the ssid and password AFAIK so a portable DoS kit wouldn't be practical. Unless connecting the CcAudio to the FON also screws the HH .......
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 46

I had the same issue with a HH5 going back to factory defaults all on its own. Purchased HH6 that worked for a few days then disconnected with an orange light. Swapped out the router with another HH6 that was when I saw this post. So I connected to my Google audio cast to check the firmware. Immediately the HH6 went orange and wouldn't connect to broadband. In the end I had to do a factory reset to revive it. All my of my 3 audiocasts are now disconnected.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 43 of 46

It works 

I used a WiFi dongle  to conect to the internet 

Don't forget to restart both pc /laptop and Chrome Audio after reboot

Then re set join BT WIFI (Chome Audio to the BTHUB 5)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 44 of 46

I have had the issue when setting up my Google Chromecast that as it tries to connect, it starts the reboot sequence of my home hub 5.

I have managed to fix it to work by isolating the problem to the 5ghz WiFi network. 

I disabled the 5ghz band in the home hub settings, proceeded to connect and set up my Chromecast audio with no issues. 

After set up, I switched 5 ghz back on and it seems to be fine, and working with no issues. Touch wood! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 45 of 46

Chromecast audio and BT home hub fix! 

Issue: tried to set up Chromecast audio on home hub and set the router onto bootloop, unable to finish setup. 

Solution :

Isolated the issue to the 5ghz band,

disabled 5ghz on router settings, 

Set up Chromecast audio without issue

Re-enable 5ghz, 

Since then I have used the Chromecast audio with no issue 🙂 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 46 of 46

I've just come back to this problem after a long break. I have an Audio Chromecast which breaks a BT Businesshub 5. It is recoverable only by resetting the hub. Smart setup is disabled and the 2 wifi bands split.

I also have an old Fritzbox on the network, used as a Voip device (I like the handling of voip and pots in 1 device). 

So following the advice in this thread, I disabled wifi on the hub and enabled it on the Fritz.

All working well - I can see the new Fritz wifi SSIDs and connect fine. The old Hub SSIDs are gone.

BUT when I try and configure the chromecast using the new wifi network it STILL crashes the Hub!!

I am about to drive off into the countryside, no 4G here, and use the wifi hotspot on my phone, with my tablet at the Home app platform, and see if I can get it going that way...

This failure suggests it is not the wifi per se that causes the problem.

0 Ratings