cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Beware porting your number to BT Mobile

Go to solution

I ordered a sim only contract for my daughter on 27th November. I received a sim on the following Tuesday. It seemed to work okay so set about porting her number to BT. That went through the following day as normal.

Then our problems started. BT neglected to allocate her any minutes, texts or data. My daughter can receive calls but hasn't been able to do anything else with the sim for a week now. She is a mother with school age children she needs to be able to contact.

As my daughter is now desperate to be able to use her phone again, I have asked for a PAC to move to another network but have been told if we use it she will likely lose her number because of their mess up.

I have been in touch by private message with a Mod on this forum and he was unable to help. So this is just a warning to others.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Beware porting your number to BT Mobile

Go to solution

I'm not sure if that's entirely related to the actual transfer of the mobile number. If it works for inbound calls then that would mean the transfer has completed, but i assume some other part of the system/account had an issue if it was stopping you making outgoing calls etc.

I imagine it's just one of those things that can't be helped, but definitely not something that should deter people from wanting to move a number in/out of BT Mobile.

It's also BS that you can't move your number out of BT too if you wanted to, again the number itself would be on the BT network and could leave the network if you got a PAC. That doesn't mean there isn't still some issue on the account that needs fixing, but you would be able to move the number seamlessly to another network.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

The SIM card was working until the number transfer went through so it must have been related to the porting in some way. In regards to losing the number I was only relaying what I was told by the porting team.

It was all fixed last Friday and my daughter is happily using her new SIM and I have been fairly compensated by BT for the inconvenience.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Glad to hear it.

0 Ratings