cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Beyond frustrated with the Smart Hub

I've had the Smart Hub since July and I never had any issues or even had to restart it. But now I just don't know what to do anymore, my Smart Hub started playing up last week on Tuesday, kept showing a solid green light no matter how long I left it on for or even off. Sometimes the connection would come back, but it would quickly go away.

Got in touch with BT chat and even though I told the advisor I done all the troubleshooting and even reset it with a paperclip TWICE, he still followed the script and made me do all the stuff I had done again before agreeing to sending a new one. Fast forward to today and I recived the new Smart Hub, guess what? Same **bleep** again. I left it on for 1 hour and it kept a solid green light.

I know my internet and line are fine because Friday I picked up a cheap TP-Link N300 and haven't had any connection drops or issues and I'm back to using it again since none of the Smart Hubs I have get past the solid green light.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Beyond frustrated with the Smart Hub

Stick with your TP-Link it's far better than the not so Smart Hub.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

The problem is this is the cheap £25 one. Wireless speed and range is atrocious, but somehow has been rock steady for 6 days not dropping connection when streaming and gaming over ethernet.

I could buy a higher end router, but when I'm paying infinity 2 prices it really leaves a sour taste in my mouth having to buy my own £100+ router.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

So you'd rather use an ISP provided one which is usually cheaply made as well?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

@thenameDS wrote:
The problem is this is the cheap £25 one. Wireless speed and range is atrocious, but somehow has been rock steady for 6 days not dropping connection when streaming and gaming over ethernet.

I could buy a higher end router, but when I'm paying infinity 2 prices it really leaves a sour taste in my mouth having to buy my own £100+ router.

Assuming the Hub gets beyond the green light at some point, you could leave the TP-Link as your router and use the Hub as a WiFi access point. This way you might get better Wifi and can power cycle the Hub as much as is needed without DLM thinking there's an issue.

Simply make sure the IP of the Hub is not the same as the TP-Link, disable DHCP on the Hub 6 and then connect an Ethernet cable between the Hub and TP-Link.

Not ideal, but saves spending any more money at this point, and you can always put the Hub 6 back in later if BT sort out the problems.

Regards