Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickouk
Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: Big internet problems have returned after 6 months

Go to solution

Hi Neil, thanks for your help so far. Before I start, I just wanted to point out that my master socket isn't like the one in the picture, with one test socket on the right, it's just got one socket at the front (It says 'Master Socket 5C' if that helps)

Unfortunately, the test only confused matters further. Right now, there is pretty much no crackle on the line at all, whether the phone is plugged directly into the socket or via the microfilter. Has the fault on the line been fixed? The internet is still running at around 0.2mb, so hasn't sped up. I remember last time an external fault was fixed, it took almost a week for the internet to improve.

Should I order a new microfilter just in case? Because, from these tests, it doesn't seem the microfilter is the problem.

Thanks for comprehending my ignorant ramblings.

Nick

0 Ratings
nickouk
Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

In follow-up to my last message, would the fact that the issues got much worse when it was raining heavily (and then didn't get better afterwards) imply the fault is outside my property?

Thanks again

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

@nickouk I'm really sorry about the delay getting back to you, no don't buy another filter just yet. The fault is still with the engineers who are due to look at your line today and hopefully they'll be able to repair any issues.  If the noise is worse when it's raining its likely that the problem is outside but I can't be certain as our remote tests are not 100% accurate when it comes to the fault location. 

I'll check on the fault report tomorrow morning and if needs be I can get the broadband profile reset so you don't have to wait for it to increase.

0 Ratings
nickouk
Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution
Thanks! Just to let you know, there's a crackle on the line again today, and a bit of a high pitched whistling noise. Also, the internet is repeatedly dropping again.
0 Ratings
nickouk
Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

Hi Neil, I got your voicemail- thanks very much for the update; sorry I missed your call

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

@nickouk No problem, I'm sorry the fault is still not repaired but hopefully this will happen this afternoon and I'll check the fault report tomorrow for updates.

0 Ratings
nickouk
Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

Hi Neil.

As of not long ago, the internet seems to have returned to a decent speed (c. 5mb/s).

I assume it'll get back to the 12 it was at before, but even if it doesn't, this is still great- thanks a lot for all your help. If the problems return, I'll drop you a message

Cheers

Nick

0 Ratings