cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisvc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 23

Re: Big speed loss since Frriday's Failure

sorry meant switch it off for 15 mins or leave it on? can see it getting any worse though if I switch it off...
0 Ratings
PheeragHfre
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 23

@chrisvc wrote:
Hub was off on Friday night due to BT fault. Was then restarted multiple times on BT Indias insistence on Sunday but this made speed worse. Bit confused here - should I leave it on to try and get IP profile raised or reset it?

The problem is, the more you reset the Homehub now, the longer it will take to recover (especially if done multiple times in quick succession).

The algorithm used to set the line speed is automatic & unexpected loss of sync(resets)  are perceived as a possible problem on the connection & the S/N gets increased!

I would try my suggestion but only once. If no luck try to get your connection speed reset if you need a rapid increase in line speed (not hopeful knowing the usual time for BT response. Smiley Sad )

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)
chrisvc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 23

Right I'll give it a try. At least I'm getting some advice from someone unlike BT. I'm so glad I arranged to be off work today just to wait in for them not to call me. Here goes....
0 Ratings
PheeragHfre
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 23

@chrisvc wrote:
sorry meant switch it off for 15 mins or leave it on? can see it getting any worse though if I switch it off...

Unless you Power off the settings are likely to be retained in memory. Smiley Sad

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)
0 Ratings
chrisvc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 23

So I tried that and things are the same - no better but no worse.

so I called India and told them I wasn't very happy about them not calling me back twice and guess what? that's right they're going to call me back.

Can I get a mod involved here please? I basically been told by BT India that there are no problems with the line. I just want to get my IP Profile back to where I can actually get back to doing my online university lectures otherwise I'm wasting a lot of money on fees never mind broadband.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 23

if you are having disconnection problems then getting your profile manually reset will not help - it will be ok for very short term and then the disconnections will cause the profile to drop just like now.  Need to solve the reset/disconnection problems and get line stable before sorting your profile.

Of course if your line is now stable then you could email the mods - give your account and phone number and a link back to this thread - but only if stable  forum.moderation.team@bt.com

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
chrisvc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 23

I'm not having disconnection problems. The diconnections I've had are the major one on Friday night and others at BT India's behest so I'll go ahead an email the mods, cheers.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 18 of 23

Frankly the best thing you can do is to leave the router connected 24/7 with no resets or interference.

Dynamic line management will take care of it, and if your exchange dslam is blip logic controlled

it should happen sooner than later .... BT will not reset IP profiles, they recover themselves normally after

72 hours, but often before, as stated.  😉

But if you reset the connection or interfere, you'll could be waiting a lot longer ...   Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 23

chris

Friday's failure is still ongoing
see - http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
chrisvc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 23

Do you think that BT India have clicked on your link yet? I'm not in the post codes mentioned but I'm not niave enough to believe it's having no effect. Cheers for that - I think BT are a bit lacking when it comes to getting information around!

0 Ratings