cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Bill increased from £30 to £50 (revert back to old amount or MAC code please)

My bill has just jumped £20. Im on unlimited broadband and all I use is broadband, no phone etc. Please can a mod help me resolve this. Im not paying that amount of money when I can get internet cheaper from another ISP. If this cant be resolved id like a MAC code so I can switch providers. Thank you. Shaun.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bill increased from £30 to £50 (revert back to old amount or MAC code please)

See link about getting a MAC code

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9778/kw/mac/c/346,402,403

How do you pay your bill, is it a monthly payment plan or a monthly whole bill.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9855

Have you checked your bill to see why/where it has increased?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Re: Bill increased from £30 to £50 (revert back to old amount or MAC code please)

Is it possible your contract has expired and therefore your special deal has terminated and you are now on standard terms on a rolling monthly contract

i would either try live chat or renew your contract and get a new deal by phoning options team 0800800030 they ate uk based

live chat

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Can a mod help me with this? Since chat and customer services have not been helpful, and ive still not recieved and email back 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

did you phone the options team?  has your contract expired and you are on a rolling monthly contract where you are paying full price for your broadband - ie your previous discount has ceased

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Yes and was told thats the cheapest they can provide.

Ill move to another isp next week if this is not resolved.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Just ask for a MAC then. That may or may not result in an improved offer depending on how much BT want to retain your custom.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings