Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drawoc
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Billed for BT Yahoo after being upgraded to BT Broadband

Go to solution

I phoned BT to get a better deal on my broadband as I feel £27.60 is too much in comparison with competitors.

The first person I spoke to agreed that I was paying too much and said they could do it for £9.99.  There was a little phone juggling and I ended up speaking to someone in the BT Yahoo billing department (I think) who said my account would have to be changed to BT Total Broadband, I should then wait 15-20 days after the activation and then phone customer services to see about getting a better deal.

As of 25 March 2011 I am now a BT Total Broadband customer (I assume), I have received my new hub and a bill for two and a bit months broadband at £25.60 per month.  On top of that the direct debit of £27.60 was taken from my account for the BT Yahoo.

I cannot see my old online BT Yahoo bills anymore (am directed to BT.com which only shows this new bill for BT Total Broadband) so I have no idea whether that £27.60 should have been taken from my account or whether I should be cancelling that direct debit myself and asking for a refund.

I phoned today to see about getting access to my old yahoo bills so I can check if money should have been taken from my account and my request has been registered (should be resolved in 24 hours) but these things just seem to take time and I only wanted a better deal after being a customer for 9 years.

Could someone please help me out here 🙂

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Billed for BT Yahoo after being upgraded to BT Broadband

Go to solution

Hi Drawoc,

Sounds like the billing for BT Yahoo is still going, they used to be separate to us and therefore had a different billing set up so its possible that you now have both running alongside each other.  Dont worry though I can get this sorted out for you.

Could you drop me in an email please with your BT account and telephone number along with a link back to this thread.

Just send using the contact us form in my profile under the 'about me' section and mark FAO Craig please.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Drawoc
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Did as requested in above response, have incident number but have not heard anything yet...

Am I just being too impatient 🙂

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi Drawoc,

Sorry for the delay.  I can see your email in our queue and you should get a reply back soon.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings