cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Billed for a package that should be canceled

Go to solution
On the 6th January 2017 I changed to a different broadband and home phone provider, I received all the emails from BT saying that they had been contacted by the company and that if I don't contact b4 the change over date then my services with them would be cancelled. On the 15th January I received a bill from BT which I presumed was my final bill so I paid it, now on the 10th February I received another bill for home phone with evening and weekend calls which I definitely didn't set up when I have this package with my new provider. Can somebody tell me what is going on here, IV already cancelled the direct debit so no money can be taken out. Any help would be great thanks.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Billed for a package that should be canceled

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Will that be my final bill I got on the 10th February then, because I don't want to pay it if I'm going to be charged further, thanks for your help
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Nige89,

It sounds like something has gone wrong with the transfer. The broadband services appear to have been taken over but the line may not have been. Or, you are being charged by two companies for the same line due to a breakdown in the takeover process. In either case, it'd be best if we looked into all of this for you. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. It'll take us about 2 working days before we get back in touch.

NB: It's worth speaking with your new provider to make sure that they are providing you with service for your line rental before we looked at closing the account completely.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Nige89 Sorry I could not get to speak with you when I called. Just to let you know I have now closed off the account and actioned the refund back to the stop date. I will check back with you after the final bill, in approx a week, to ensure all is ok.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Hi John, thanks allot for you help,sorry I couldn't speak to you when you called
0 Ratings