cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Billing Date and Direct Debit Charge

Don't worry about the £2 extra per month. Class it as a savings plan as its soon to be ruled unlawful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 15

Hi Nano,

BT always state on the bill when the Direct Debit payment will be taken. Was the date the payment was taken different from the date stated on your BT Bill?

If you like I can take a look at the details of your account, please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

It did state the date on the DD, but thats besides the point,  I don't see why since its amonthly Bill why BT feel the need to change the date the bill comes out.  Whats wrong with leaving it on or around the same date every month.

To be honest i am just going to stay on normal billing and pay as and when the bill comes out, but thanks anyway.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 15

@nano wrote:

Whats wrong with leaving it on or around the same date every month.

The point is that's what should happen. I'd want to know why it wasn't, but it's up to you of course.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 15

My payments have been inconsistent but only since BT changed the collection period to 6 working days rather than the 10? it used to be. I had payments on 2 Jan and 28 Jan BUT the bill dates were 20 Dec and 20 Jan. The December bill was collected in January because of the xmas bank holidays and weekends. I didn't have a payment going out in December.

It would appear that the new collection period does cause problems with the timing of d/d clearing the bank account especially if your bill is dated 20th- 24th of each month.

Over a 12 month period you should find that only 12 d/ds were collected - with the exception being the first 12 month period when BT changed the collection period and 13 payments will have be taken.

Prior to the change my d/d went out monthly around the 4th, since I have had 2d/ds in Oct 13 (first month affected by the change) , 1 in Nov, 0 in Dec, 2 in Jan. It is possible that there won't be one in Feb but 2 in March. The bill date has not changed and is still the 20th of each month.

So I think that a lot of people will have ongoing problems with d/ds going out twice in a month but they should be aware that the first of these is a later than usual collection which would be due to bank holidays/weekends or a 28 day month. The bill date will not have changed.