cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Billing Increase...!!!

I am a very p****d off person... Please can someone explain how you can justify increasing my broadband charge mid contract whilst new customers can still pay the old price? If I wanted to do something mid contract that you didn't like you would soon cut my service. Thankfully only 6 months to go before I can change!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Billing Increase...!!!

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Billing Increase...!!!

The reason BT can change your contract mid-way is because BT will either have written to you, sent an email or included on your bill at some point around about October last year that they were going to do this.

Included within that letter notifying you of the change would be information telling you that if you were not happy with the changes to your contract you could leave the contract without penalty provided you notified BT of your intentions within 10 days of receipt of the letter. See quote below.

"If this change means you want to end your service, you can do that by telling us within ten days of receipt of this email without needing to pay a charge for ending your contract early"

By doing this BT have complied with the recent law change regarding ISPs and mobile phone companies changing contracts midway.

0 Ratings