cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrPuddington
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

Billing for Line Rental Saver

I am confused.  Following the massive price increase on the 3rd (which I was not informed of, I would like to add), I took out the line rental saver.  The order says it has been completed, but I cannot see any indication on my account.

More interestingly, how and when do I get the double line rental charges back that I paid in advance on my previous bill?  Do I need to contact BT?  Do they have a way of contacting them in writing, as I am being told lots of contradictory things on the phone, and I am just sick of being passed around from person to person. 

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: Billing for Line Rental Saver

Hello there,

do you have any other services with BT besides Line Rental??

I have Broadband & Phone  and recently taken out Line Rental Saver so I can only say what happened with mine.

On my BT account on line, go to :-  view payments. Payment history, it says one off payment £120.

When I had my bill they refunded my  line rental that I had already paid, (I pay monthly)

so my bill was reduced for B.Band and Phone. If you only have line rental with BT I don't know how you will get a refund.

As regards notification of price increase  have you looked in your spam folder that's where mine was and a lot of other

customers as well.

Patty-L

0 Ratings
ernie_c
Expert
Message 3 of 19

You should see the £120 charge in the Payment History section in My BT. (See my last two years payment in the extract below.)

Any line rental paid in advance of the date you paid by Line Rental Saver will be creditted to your next bill.

0 Ratings
MrPuddington
Beginner
Message 4 of 19

Thanks, I found evidence of my payment. 

And maybe I am difficult, but why do they keep the money?  They charged me line rental twice, they should refund it, and they should do it now.  The extra 25 pounds would keep me in credit for a year.  So this is a stupid system. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 19

@MrPuddington wrote:

Thanks, I found evidence of my payment. 

And maybe I am difficult, but why do they keep the money?  They charged me line rental twice, they should refund it, and they should do it now.  The extra 25 pounds would keep me in credit for a year.  So this is a stupid system. 

And why should you think you are being difficult, its your money. Maybe they should do what at least one energy supplier does. Pay you the customer Interest on anything you have in credit.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
MrPuddington
Beginner
Message 6 of 19

Thanks, at least someone understands me.  Yes, it is my money, and I now got the official response from the complaints department that they insist on keeping it until the next billing cycle.  

Should I take them to the small claims court?  That would be faster than waiting for BT to get around processing the refund eventually, but on the other hand it is not really worth it.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 19

@MrPuddington wrote:

Thanks, at least someone understands me.  Yes, it is my money, and I now got the official response from the complaints department that they insist on keeping it until the next billing cycle.  

Should I take them to the small claims court?  That would be faster than waiting for BT to get around processing the refund eventually, but on the other hand it is not really worth it.  

Hi. I agree with your sentiments, but i also agree with your last statement. " but on the other hand it is not really worth it."
The answer has to be no, its also probably hidden in the terms somewhere.

Complain, complain, complain, but only fight when you know that you are going to win.

Remember one day, you will have the upper hand, thats the day to decide if you are going to stay with BT or move on.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Liney
Message 8 of 19

So, I want to know if BT will take the same stance with me regarding them taking £120 twice from my bank account for one years line rental saver. Crediting this to my BT bill is totally unacceptable as they should never have taken the money twice.
0 Ratings
Liney
Message 9 of 19

I just wanted to check how you managed to get a response from BTs complaint's department. It seems impossible for me to speak to anyone who has any kind of accountability.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Hi Liney,

Thanks for posting. I can help with this. Drop me an email with your details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings