cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coriton
Message 11 of 19

Re: Billing for Line Rental Saver

Hello,

I paid line rental saver and I was told it would be shown as a credit on my next bill. Now my bill says the charge for line rental but no credit. They have taken the amount but not shown it as a credit. I have been informed that this is correct?

I have tried every avenue and am getting nowhere. I am very disapointed with the service. I thought that if you make a payment you have a right to see that reflected on your bill.

0 Ratings
David1949
Message 12 of 19

I paid for my line in advance (£120) and have just changed my internet option. My 'Thanks for choosing BT' e-mail is now proposing to charge me an additional £14.60 line rental. Why is this, when I had carefully explained to the BT man of the (pre-payment) situation and he told me that the existing pre-payment was effective?

I have been chasing a refund for more than 2 months. Next stop is the Ombudsman Service on 0330 440 1614.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 19

@David1949 wrote:

I paid for my line in advance (£120) and have just changed my internet option. My 'Thanks for choosing BT' e-mail is now proposing to charge me an additional £14.60 line rental. Why is this, when I had carefully explained to the BT man of the (pre-payment) situation and he told me that the existing pre-payment was effective?

I have been chasing a refund for more than 2 months. Next stop is the Ombudsman Service on 0330 440 1614.

Hi David,

Not sure what is happening, but maybe the mods can assist in a t least find out what is going on.

If you fill in this form: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 with a link back to your post for ref, the mods will get back to you. It can take up to 3 days ( sometimes longer in busy periods), and they will contact you direct via phone or email.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 14 of 19

Hi David1949,

Alternatively, for an instant reply you can give the Billing Live Chat team a shout, the banner at the top of this "Bills & Call Packages" forum links to them 🙂

Stephanie

0 Ratings
GF24
Message 15 of 19

Re: Billing for Line Rental Saver - Beware of Double Charging.

Hi,

So my exprience ... My Line Rental save expires end of November, I renewed my Line Rental saver on 10/11/12 and receive my bill on the 11/11/12.  I notice that I am being charged line renatl from the end of November when my current Line saver expires.  This in effect means I am now paying double line rental until my next Quarterly Bill arrives in February!  I phoned the contact centre to be told that is that , no way to credit me for the £25 extra charge.  I wrote to the complaints department and got a call saying 'Tough that is how it is, our systems cannot allow us to credit your account' !!.

I cannot cancel the new line saver so BT has my money and I'm stuck.

So effectively BT is using my £25 and I suspect 10,000s of other peoples money for 3months!!

I will not get interest on the money they have so a nice little earner for BT.

This 'problem' did not suddenly appear, and BT did not communicate to the Line Saver customers that this would happen, cynics may think they want an interest free loan.  I find it un-believeanle that BT has no mens of crediting the money they are borrowing for 3 months.

It is not necessarily the £25 which is not a lot of money individually , but multiplied by however many 1000s it is a lot of money.  The principle of what BT is doing is worng.

Next step I think will be a letter to OFCOM.

0 Ratings
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 19

It's fine with Ofcom.

BT have changed line rental saver so quarterlys no longer allowed and monthly bills are mandatory when you order it (since february), so it can never happen to customers again in future being hit with 3 months of charges.
ernie_c
Expert
Message 17 of 19

@geo1986 wrote:
It's fine with Ofcom.

BT have changed line rental saver so quarterlys no longer allowed and monthly bills are mandatory when you order it (since february), so it can never happen to customers again in future being hit with 3 months of charges.

That is, indeed, the theory. Having been on quarterly myself and renewing early in the quarterly period, I am still awaiting to see if billing does become monthly.

My bill was due yesterday. Shame I can't see it as My BT seems to be down today, apparently due to essential maintenance. I was in IT for 25 years and essential maintenance during the working day was a real no no. Perhaps they mean emergency maintenance as our billing system is completely broken?

UPDATE Just got into My BT and my bill is in that state where it tells you when the next bill will be but the current bill is not actually there. I won't get upset like others have done on this forum as I know it will be there in the next few days.

What I can confirm is that the next bill date is December which means that I have been moved to monthly billing. Well done BT.

0 Ratings
Shiralco
Beginner
Message 18 of 19

Since retiring we spend several months a year abroad, and during the periods we are away the phone and broadband is not used. I have had twelve month line rental savings with BT for the past two years, but am not at all happy with the extra charges they levy for not using the phone.  For example, if I don’t make at least two calls in each month, then I am charged £1.50 a month plus another £1.50 per month for the 1570 service, making a total of £3 extra per month.  I can avoid the 1570 charges by cancelling this service each time before we leave, but not the other charge.  I have BT total broadband plus anytime calls, so why would I use another provider for my calls?  I have argued this many times with BT Customer Services but to no avail.  I am already paying for broadband and anytime calls for twelve months a year, but only using it for six or seven.  Come on BT, let’s have some fair play.

0 Ratings
ernie_c
Expert
Message 19 of 19

You are getting fair play. The £1.50 charge for not making the minimum calls is a lot less than the saving you make by taking the Line Rental Saver (currently £14.60 less £10.75 = £3.85).

It is your choice not to use the service you are paying for. With a little forethought as to when you are going to be away, I'm sure you could pay less overall per year with out-of-contract, monthly rates.

0 Ratings