cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Billing incorrect and terrible customer service

Once again and within 12 months I am writing a second letter of complaint to BT regarding their complete inability to process the most basic of actions. Worst still after many calls to their call centre they are still unable to resolve the issue. I am hoping a mod here can take some ownership of this before I escalate this to the ombudsman.  

Having been on a contract since October last year and with this 12 month contract coming to an end I requested that certain aspects of the package were dropped to lower my monthly bills. I was looking forward to lowering my bills from circa £51 pm to £33.99 pm. On the 27th of September 2016 and within my renewal period I change the contract to the new price. Since then I have two bills charged for  £67 and £40 respectively. Both bills higher than the agreed new price of 33.99 I have in my confirmation emails. Looking at the confused bill breakdown I have been charged elements of both tariffs on both bills. They are as clear as mud. The advisors admitted as much themselves.

Appreciate mistakes can be made , however, having had previous problems when BT was set up 12 months ago I was not shocked when BT messed up this transition. Speaking to the advisor they have informed me that this is a data integrity issue and it will continue to appear on my future bills.  What a shambles.  

Last week I spent over an hour on the phone to advisors being passed from person to person explaining the issue repeatedly to each advisor before finally the female advisor in India disconnected me. I got through again for an advisor to look at the problem and confirm I have been overcharged and he raised a data integrity issue and someone will call back in 3 to 5 working days. Today that time frame exceeded with no phone call. Sigh.

After I had to call again to chase the issue I was told there was no record of the incident i raised last week hence no phone call. Despite having me been given an incident reference number. After the call today and having to explain the issue again the advisor raised a new incident number and yet again promised a call back after acknowledging the same data integrity issue that was already raised last week. 

I am not expecting a call and have reached the end of my tether with useless BT call centres. 

Would a mod kindly be able to assist here? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Billing incorrect and terrible customer service

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Hi @gbuckland and welcome.

I'm really sorry you've had problems with the incorrect charges. I can help with this. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Hi David.....contact made. 

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi David

Any idea on timescales as to when I might hear something?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Hi @gbuckland I have checked the queue and would expect that you will be contacted within the next 48hrs.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings