Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 26

Re: Billion 8800NL failing setup

Hmm, it looks like it is trying to connect to an ADSL signal rather than VDSL. I assume you do have an Infinity connection and not ordinary broadband. If you haven't already done so, try a full factory reset and then try setting it up again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 26

I do indeed have Infinity, and 48hrs ago, it was fine - when my OpenReach box died.

I've tried several factory resets, and several firmware variants, all with the same result. Worth me deleting the pppoa0 interface to see if that forces its hand?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 26

Anything is worth a try.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 26

Just to make sure your line is working properly, is it possible to try a neighbours Home Hub. Just seems a bit co-incidental that your modem stopped working and the Billion won't either, albeit with different symptoms.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 15 of 26

It should connect at PPOE. Check your settings.
If in doubt post them.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 16 of 26

Neighbours are on Virgin.

According to BT yesterday, theres no fault on the line. Only difference between OpenReach modem and Billion is that OpenReach doesn't even show a solid light on DSL, while the Billion does.

@pippincp Thank you. I am trying to get it to PPPoE. Which settings would you like to see?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 26

can you check there is a dialtone with a phone please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 18 of 26

Sorry, I don't have a landline handset. BT ran a host of checks on their end yesterday afternoon which showed no faults
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 26

a landline handset is a must really and only costs about £5  you could be trying all this effort and problem is no landline or a landline with a great deal of noise.  ypou don't have to use the landline but a phone to check the line is virtually essential.  it is also a good way to check your line an avoid an openreach callout charge of £120

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 20 of 26

Thanks, I'll pick one up tomorrow and test.

Someone on the Billion forums suggested it looks like I'm not receiving a VDSL signal at all, but am getting an ADSL - which is totally wrong for a previously working Infinity subscription.

Thanks all for your help this afternoon, I'll keep plugging away and work it out eventually!
0 Ratings