Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 26

Re: Billion 8800NL failing setup

starting from the basic does the phone work ok and then progressing from there appears best approach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 26

@colinb4987 wrote:
Thanks, I'll pick one up tomorrow and test.

Someone on the Billion forums suggested it looks like I'm not receiving a VDSL signal at all, but am getting an ADSL - which is totally wrong for a previously working Infinity subscription.

As mentioned in message 11 Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 23 of 26

@colinb4987 wrote:

@pippincp Thank you. I am trying to get it to PPPoE. Which settings would you like to see?

Navigate to this page in the billion GUI

2017-11-04 12_55_11-bipac 8800nl user manual.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png

Click on edit and post a screenshot of the next page.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 24 of 26

@licquorice wrote:

@colinb4987 wrote:

Someone on the Billion forums suggested it looks like I'm not receiving a VDSL signal at all, but am getting an ADSL - which is totally wrong for a previously working Infinity subscription.

Partially! Difference is post 11 was, to paraphrase, "your box is trying to establish an ADSL connection" (implying an issue at my end, while BIllion Forum implication is that my premises is receiving only an ADSL connection rather than a VDSL connection, so it's an issue on OpenReach's side.

To wrap up though, I had the OpenReach engineer round this morning; confirmed that someone had completely messed up our connection in the cabinet ("It wasn't even mapped!"). He did whatever he needed to in the cabinet, and I have full service back - on the original OpenReach modem, and on the new Billion.

Thanks all for your help

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 26

@colinb4987 wrote:

@licquorice wrote:

@colinb4987 wrote:

Partially! Difference is post 11 was, to paraphrase, "your box is trying to establish an ADSL connection" (implying an issue at my end, while BIllion Forum implication is that my premises is receiving only an ADSL connection rather than a VDSL connection, so it's an issue on OpenReach's side.

To wrap up though, I had the OpenReach engineer round this morning; confirmed that someone had completely messed up our connection in the cabinet ("It wasn't even mapped!"). He did whatever he needed to in the cabinet, and I have full service back - on the original OpenReach modem, and on the new Billion.

Thanks all for your help

Sorry, perhaps I should have been explicit, I was actually implying that the problem was with the signal you were receiving rather than a problem your end.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 26 of 26

No need to apologise! I'm grateful you took the time to look at my issue and give some steers.

0 Ratings