cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acmck
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Bit-torrent throttled to 502Kbit/s on Unlimited Infinity 2 (new contract Nov 2013)

Hello,

I've seen threads in this section where Mods approach to help. I hope this happens in my case. This is my last attempt before I take legal advice regarding rescinding my BT contract, as the service I am paying for is not being delivered. I have tried to resolve my issue three times on the phones, having being hung up on once.

I joined BT from another provider in November 2013. I am paying for Unlimited BT Infinity 2. My bittorrent downloaded are being throttled to 502Kbit/s. This is not a case of "bad torrents", "slow servers" or "connection issues". If I add additional torrents, the existing torrents download speeds get reduced, with the newly added torrent reciving some bandwidth. My total throughput stays at 502Kbit/s. When I remove additional torrent files, leaving one active, guess what, I sit at 502Kbit/s download. Glasnost agrees that my bittorrent traffic is getting throttled.

I shouldnt be being throttled, and it shouldnt be this hard to communicate with BT.

Can someone please contact me. I can provide with my a/c number and you should be able to see extensive notes about how this is "outside the scope of their support" everywhere I turn.

Cheers.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
acmck
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bit-torrent throttled to 502Kbit/s on Unlimited Infinity 2 (new contract Nov 2013)

Sorry, I should add. My internet connection is fine. My LAN is fine. The HH5 is fine. I'm able to pull down files from work at 64Mbit/s, which is just 2Mbit/s hsy of what the installation engineer told me to expect.
0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 5

Re: Bit-torrent throttled to 502Kbit/s on Unlimited Infinity 2 (new contract Nov 2013)

Does the Glasnost test say you are throttled? http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/bttest.php
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
shazbot2000
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

That test is not working currently.
Funny that my DL rate has dropped from 6.8MB/s to 500kB/s ... approx the same throttling you are getting.
Happened while I was pulling a 31GB database vai torrent.

So much for my totally unilimted service BT.

When you're manned at 7am you will be getting the sharp end of my tongue.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 5

Hi acmck,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I can look into this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings