Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sicknote00
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 40

Re: Blackberry Bold and Home Hub 3 WiFi problems

802.11 b/g/n (Recommended)
Q. There is smoke coming out of my open reach box... so can I have a new one.
A. Sorry sir, The fault is showing at the exchange so your box should be ok.
BRING BACK UK CALL CENTRES!!!!!
0 Ratings
brummygit
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 40

I just found this thread and wanted to jump on.

I have a very similar issue with some devices in my home using HH3.

Originally it was my wife's Kindle and my sons BB that wouldn't connect. I found a week or so ago that changing from 802.11 b/g/n to 802.11 b/g solved the problem, but a couple of days ago a number of devices have stopped connecting via WiFi.

The initial connection is fine even getting a DHCP address, but the device is unable to establish sensible communication via the HH3.

I tried a hard reset of the home hub but it's still an issue which I can't solve so far.

I didn't get these problems with my HH2 and the same devices

0 Ratings
sicknote00
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 40

hi brummygit.
sounds like you have interference on your wifi channel on your HH3
i would assume your HH3 wifi is set on auto channel? you will need to set it to manual and find a better channel that works.there is a app you can use to check for interference like next door is using the same wifi channel as you etc,i'll find it and post it here.

here you go download and install and use it on your wifi connection this will tell you if others are using the same wifi channel as you

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

0 Ratings
brummygit
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 40

Nope, it's not interference - I've scanned the range and picked an unused channel (6 in my case) plus tried 1 and 11 as alternatives.

I've just setup my HH2 in exactly the same way as the HH3 and established that it's a HH3 issue.

HH3 using 802.11 b/g/n mode I have a Kindle and a Sony Ericsson Android phone which refuse to connect correctly.

HH3 using 802.11 b/g mode and the Kindle + Phone work fine but a PC using an old Netgear adaptor stops working - I'm not so worried about that.

HH3 using 802.11 b/g/n mode the Kindle + Phone work fine.

Therefore it seems the WiFi implementation on the HH3 is suspect when using 'n' mode
0 Ratings
sicknote00
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 40

according to the info i have the kindle will only connect to b/g and wont connect to n. therefor the HH3 is not at fault.i would assume the sony ericsson would be the same.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Tillypup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 40

I have similar issues with my HH3 - I have the HH2 setup as Wifi access point connected via a cable to the HH3 which is just there for connecting to the infinity modem.

There appears to be some people on here who have a HH3 that the Wifi works on, but others like you and me where devices won't connect or randomly disconnect.

0 Ratings
Sageman
Contributor
Message 37 of 40

Hi, I did get a reply saying that I needed to change the setup in the BB browser to conect to Hotspots rather than the internet.

1) Go to "Options" >> "Advanced options" >> "Browser" >> If you have "Internet browser" selected, change it to "Hotspot browser", and if "Hotspot browser" is selected change it to "Internet browser".

I can see from your thread that you're now using a different router and are no longer having this problem, but I had a word with a couple of Blackberry users here in the team and they advised that they were able to get their Blackberry connected to an Infinity Hub by following these instructions (the settings on your phone may be worded slightly differently depending on the model.

I am very happy with my new router no connection problems and it is quicker than the HH3.

0 Ratings
sicknote00
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 40

seems alot for trying to use a BB on infinity wifi. i had trouble at first with my sons BB but then got it connected,been great ever since.
0 Ratings
Eamdad
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 40

Still having issues, im going to try update my BB then see if that makes a difference.
0 Ratings
Sageman
Contributor
Message 40 of 40

I tried all the solutions that are being suggested by the members of this forum and I can assure you none of them worked. If you do a search on the internet regarding this issue with the BB Bold 9780 you will see it is on the BB Forums and Crackberry Forums and guess what no one has sorted the problem. The issue here is the HH3 it is nothing to do with the BB because I have connected mine to various other networks without any issues at all and one of them was the HH2.

I discussed the problem with Customer Services and I was told engineers were working on the problem after about 4 calls.

The router I bought actually outperforms the HH3 so I am quite happy. For info I bought the Netgear WNDR3700 which is also compatable with DD-WRT firmware.

0 Ratings