cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sageman
Contributor
Message 1 of 40

Blackberry Bold and Home Hub 3 WiFi problems

Hi everyone, I can not get my BB Bold to connect to WiFi unless I change the router security to WEP and would like to get an idea of how many other HH3 users are having the same problem.

Thanks

0 Ratings
39 REPLIES 39
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 40

Re: Blackberry Bold and Home Hub 3 WiFi problems

Set the hub back to WPA/WPA2

then try this....

(never owned or used a BB, but it's still a phone at the end of the day)
Connect Manually, add your hub's SSID (BTHomeHub3-****), under security type select Pre-Shared Key (PSK) and enter the wireless security key.

PSK is WPA on a BB apparently

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
sicknote00
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 40

quick and simple way is to press the wifi button on the back of your HH3 and it will connect,make sure your blackberry wifi is on.
Q. There is smoke coming out of my open reach box... so can I have a new one.
A. Sorry sir, The fault is showing at the exchange so your box should be ok.
BRING BACK UK CALL CENTRES!!!!!
0 Ratings
Sageman
Contributor
Message 4 of 40

The WPS button on the back gets me connected sor so my phone and the home hub says but there is no data coming from the hub. I have pinged from the phone the packets go but I get a zero return from the ping.
0 Ratings
Sageman
Contributor
Message 5 of 40

Thanks for trying to help but the security options on the bold are None, WEP, WPA Personal and WPA Enterpise but no PSK.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 40

WPA Personal is PSK (Pre Shared Key) - I'd try this one first

0 Ratings
Sageman
Contributor
Message 7 of 40

I'm on WPA Personal. I've had three discussions with bt staff regarding this problem and guess what they all say something different. If BT don't give me any support I will end up buying a router that does do what it is supposed to do.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 40

Have you tried deleting/forgetting the hub's SSID on the phone, also, via the hub manager, delete any saved settings for the phone - sounds like there could be a conflict going on

Then try to reconnect

0 Ratings
Sageman
Contributor
Message 9 of 40

Phone won't accept a connection without the SSID. Deleting everything on the hub connected to the phone. Reset the WIFI on the phone then started from the beginning. The phone and the hub are saying connected but no traffic coming from the hub.
0 Ratings
Sageman
Contributor
Message 10 of 40

The really annoying thing about this is BT seem to be aware of it according to the last customer service adviser I spoke to. There are a lot of reports on other forums regarding this problem but getting someone from BT to actually sort it out is frustrating because most of the advisers talk to you like you don't know the first thing about networks and how they work.

0 Ratings