Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 40

Re: Blackberry Bold and Home Hub 3 WiFi problems

To scan for available Wi-Fi networks, complete the following steps:

Click Set Up Wi-Fi.
Click Next.
Click Scan For Networks.
If prompted, click Turn Wi-Fi on.
From the list of available Wi-Fi networks, click the appropriate Wi-Fi network.
Specify the required security credentials
Click Connect to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
To save the Wi-Fi network connection as a profile, click Yes in the Save this Wi-Fi Network as a Profile field.

Note: The BlackBerry smartphone can connect to a Wi-Fi network without saving that Wi-Fi network connection as a profile. However, each subsequent connection to that Wi-Fi network will require the BlackBerry smartphone user to complete Set Up Wi-Fi.
Type a profile name in the Profile Name field.
Click Next.
Click Finish to complete the connection to an available Wi-Fi network.

Q. There is smoke coming out of my open reach box... so can I have a new one.
A. Sorry sir, The fault is showing at the exchange so your box should be ok.
BRING BACK UK CALL CENTRES!!!!!
0 Ratings
Sageman
Contributor
Message 22 of 40

I have sorted it. I went and bought a Netgear WNDR 3700. Set it all up manually and hey presto my Blackberry Bold 9780 connects to it instantly. Its a pity BT Customer Support could not have been more helpful which basically forced my hand to do something about it myself. I am £100 down but it seems worth it to have a router that does what it says on the box.

Com'on BT your customers deserve better service than this. You are great at the installation and getting everything setup but your support after that is poor. Call Centre support staff trying to help with poor knowledge and reading from a script is not the way to treat customers that are paying for a quality service.

0 Ratings
Eamdad
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 40

Im having the same issue, can only connect my BB if the security is WEP and im not very comfy with that.

Has the Mods replied to your email?

0 Ratings
sicknote00
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 40

go to set up wifi on your blackberry, you have 3 options scan,, manual and push button go to push button then it will prompt you to press the wireless protection key on the right hand side of the home hub 3.0 you will see wps button thats the one you press.
0 Ratings
Eamdad
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 40

I tried this!
I also tried entering manually.

Its the actual Home Hub 3 thats not letting the BB access to the Net. It connects no problem but the wifi does not light up or show a green tick on my BB.

The only way it works is by turning the wireless to g/n and security to WEP which im not happy to do!

0 Ratings
sicknote00
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 40

your wifi on the HH3 should be blue at all times if wifi is turned on.
my son has a BB and his works fine after doing this method.i didnt have to change any setting on the HH3.

did you press save or whatever it is on the BB after wifi connection?

0 Ratings
Eamdad
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 40

Ill explain in detail:

I have a blackberry 8520, it connects to the HH3 which is set at 802.11b/g/n and WPA & WPA2. Using the push button or entering manually doesnt make a difference no problems it connects. Just know that the BB is connected to the hub.

Now this is where the problem is, on my BB i go to mannage connections it shows a white dash instead of a green tick which means that the BB is connected to the Hub but not to the internet. Another indicator is if you go to the blackberry home screen on the top right theres a wifi logo, if that is greyed out this means the wifi is not connected to the net if it is lighted white then its working. Can you do me a fav and look at your sons BB to see if the wifi logo is greyed out or lighted?
When i do wifi Diagnostics>Ping i get no response just timed out.

This is my problem, however if i change the HH3 settings to 802.11b/g and WEP the wifi on the BB works perfect. Now im not happy keeping the settings as this for many reasons WEP is a weak secuirity and most of my laptops and N technology enabled; whats the point if i turn it off?

I know my phones not the problem, at my cousins house he has BT internet but uses a Netgear router with exact same settings 802.11b/g/n and WPA & WPA2 works perfect. I need my BB to connect as i get poor network signal in my house especially my room. 

0 Ratings
sicknote00
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 40

i cant remember exactly how i did it but my sons BB wifi logo is lighted. and i havent changed any setting in the HH3. your right its not good to use the wep function,i will go over what steps i took and try and figure it out.
0 Ratings
sicknote00
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 40

this is what it says on my sons bb service status.
connection wifi (uma)

my sons BB says hes connected by 802.11 b/g
but my HH3 hub manager says i have my wifi set to wpa/wpa2
try this set your HH3 to wpa/wpa2.....set your BB to b/g

Wireless push button connection (WPS) is not compatible with WEP security

0 Ratings
Eamdad
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 40

Can you do me a fav and look at what Wireless interface type is your Hub set to?

0 Ratings