cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keithcparry
Message 1 of 8

Blackberry Bold and my btinternet.com email

Go to solution

Hi.  Hope someone can help with what I hope is a very simple peoblem.

I have had my btinternet email address set up to deliver emails to my Blackberry bold so I can receive them anywhere.  On Saturday morning I logged on to my email account from my Amazon Kindle and was asked to enter my password.  An email subsequently arrived confirming that I had "changed" my password - which caused me some concern - it had a word "awhile" as one single word in the body when it should have said "a while".  I also found that my Blackberry had stopped receiving emails - and had a message telling me it was no longer able tyo deliver them.

I then did change my password again and the email now works fine on my desktop pc, laptop and my kindle.  However no matter what I do I cannot get it to work on my Blackberry - even if I go via a Browser window.

There is either something sinister that has happened, something odd that I am missing, or some change to the way Yahoo handled emails from Btinternet and/or Btopenworld addresses.     HELP please!!!!!  Keith Parry

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
keithcparry
Message 2 of 8

Re: Blackberry Bold and my btinternet.com email

Go to solution

Looks like I have managed to solve it - but others may find this annoying and odd........

I posted earlier that I had tried many times to reconnect my Blackberry to my emails from my btinternet.com email address.  I do know that both .tinternet and btopenworld addreesses go to the same mailbox - what I did not know - and I suspect this ma resolve an issue for others - is that now neither of these two addresses work on my Blackberry - however by some strange mysterious force - the email address eithcparry@btyahoo.com DOES work.

So - it seems that as far as my Blackbery is concerned ...........

keithcparry@btinternet.com doesn't exist any more (which it does)

keithcparry@btopenworld.com doesn't esist any more (which it does)

keithcparry@btyahoo.com does now work (though I have never before used this version of my email adress.........

HAs something strange been going on without anyone being told about it??????

Keith Parry

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Keith welcome to the forum.

Well done you in solving your own Q; I've just tried the abc@btyahoo.com on my BT mail and had a failed to deliver notice back, so abc@btinternet.com and abc@btopenworld.com do work but not yahoo.com on BT mail [for me].

I've seen the Blackberry mail issue come up several times, and you appear to have cracked it.

Blackberry must prefer yahoo.com for some reason, whilst at the same time BT mail does'nt.

This fix should be given a high profile IMHO, as many have the problem.

Can one of the Mod team take note of this fix please?

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
keithcparry
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

I appreciate your email signature - I live in Hadfield - the REAL Royston Vasey!!!!!!

Keith Parry

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@keithcparry wrote:

I appreciate your email signature - I live in Hadfield - the REAL Royston Vasey!!!!!!

Keith Parry

........then nothing will ever be too much trouble for me to attempt to help you with any other issueSmiley Wink

[Cancelled a visit to Hadfield because of bad weather only the other week]

Any other Blackberry users tried the fix for e-mail above? I'm assuming that Keith, like me, will be unable to use the yahoo.com address from his PC, or can everyone but me do this?

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
jetlagpete
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

After searching long and hard...I eventually came acosss your solution ... and it works ... thanks so much for taking the time out to post your solution. It absolutely obscure and begs the question why BT have not posted something to this effect on their website !!

0 Ratings
Phlrvn
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Boy how I wish I had searched the Forum @ 8am this morning when I lost all my Email accounts on my Blackberry Bold.  Been swearing, throwing things out of the window and spent 11/2 hour on the phone to Orange with no luck.

Thben in the Forum at 1030pm and there is the answer.  Who needs professional IT when we can sort it. 

Many, Many thanks  Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
sufoster
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

I have a Blackberry Curve and at one time I could get my btinternet.com emails on it, albeit incredibly slow.  Recently, it would not let me on for some reason and suggested I download FIREFOX or SAFARI.  the CONTINUE button would only take me back to this page.  I found this forum with the solution of using  yahoo.com, I tried that and my emails came up instantly. Many thanks

0 Ratings