Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 57

Re: Blocked website?

Go to solution
Just want to chime in and say that I, too, cannot get to certain websites, including last.fm, habbo.com, io9.com, and probably others I haven't tried yet. I can get to Twitter, but the page doesn't format properly. To the best of my knowledge, I have never had McAfee/NetProtect on this computer (I downloaded my own AV software from Avira). Hope this gets sorted soon.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 42 of 57

Go to solution

@perodicticus wrote:
I can get to Twitter, but the page doesn't format properly.

Exactly the same experience here, and I don't use McAfee either.  I use the Web Of Trust control in my browser and it currently can't connect to load it's ratings.  Their website, www.mywot.com, is inaccessible to me on both my PC and phone when connecting via the BT Home Hub, but loads fine on my phone when connecting via 3G and on my PC through the proxy at www.hidemyass.com.

It's obviously a problem at BT's end and isn't fixed yet (at least for me).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 57

Go to solution
Add SurveyMonkey to the list of sites that are inaccessible.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 57

Go to solution
... And access to retronaut.co is intermittent. Sigh.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 45 of 57

Go to solution

Well that was a waste of time!  I spent 26 minutes trying to use live chat to speak to an agent and when I got to the head of the queue they said the session had been cancelled because there was no-one to speak to me.  Where is the BT support we were promised when we signed up?  We're paying £55 a month to BT for this so called service.  I cannot access certain websites because of a problem with BT and they can't even speak to me abouot it.  Fuming!!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 46 of 57

Go to solution

Hi folks,

There does seem to be a wider network issue which is affecting not only BT customers but those belonging to other ISPs as well. We're going to run some checks from our end to see if we can figure out what exactly is going on. Once I have any updates I'll post back in this thread.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 57

Go to solution
I know it's the bank holiday today but any update on this, this morning.

BT network appears to be up and down again today
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 48 of 57

Go to solution

Is the web playing up again, For the STV.TV site dont seems to load with me and im having problems loading Amazon.co.uk.

Darren

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 49 of 57

Go to solution

I also am unable to get onto Amazon.co.uk, but all others I have tried so far are OK. Come on BT, sort it out

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 50 of 57

Go to solution

Not sure it's BT's problem this time.  According to this site, Amazon is down at the moment:

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.amazon.co.uk

0 Ratings