Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1 of 7

Board Announcements section

Think its time for the Announcements section at the top of boards to be reviewed, there are broken links and incorrect information. I won't be specific, or probably just the ones I've spotted will be fixed. Smiley Wink  They could probably do with a revamp anyway.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Board Announcements section

I guess nobody in BT is interested in providing accurate information as there has been no response.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 7

@licquorice Thanks I'll be happy to raise this. It would really help if you could direct me to some of the broken links.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Thanks Neil. To be fair, I had only spotted one broken link (but I hadn't checked all of them) which appears to have been fixed since my original post. The incorrect information is regarding Infinity 1 speeds on the Infinity board, it still refers to 38M. My point about a review still stands, however. A lot of questions could be addressed by the announcements sections, particularly if they were re-vamped to be a bit more eye catching.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 7

@licquorice Thanks for that, I've updated the Infinity 1 speed to 52Mb on that board and have raised your concerns with the community manager.

SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 7

@licquorice wrote:

Thanks Neil. To be fair, I had only spotted one broken link (but I hadn't checked all of them) which appears to have been fixed since my original post. The incorrect information is regarding Infinity 1 speeds on the Infinity board, it still refers to 38M. My point about a review still stands, however. A lot of questions could be addressed by the announcements sections, particularly if they were re-vamped to be a bit more eye catching.

Hi @licquorice,

Thanks for suggestions.  My apologies as I had updated a couple of links last week.  I had to make quite a few changes to the thread containing the BT Cloud help articles as a few of them had changed with the latest version of Cloud being released.

I agree with you that a revamp of the announcement area would be ideal as its is pretty plain and not eye catching in the least.  We are hoping to do a redesign on the community and this will be one aspect that will definitely be included, in the mean time I try to include information that is helpful in each of the respective announcement areas.  I have been through all the content and feel its all still relevant but please if you feel that there is a help article or information that is not included that you think would be helpful please let me know and I can consider adding this.

Cheers 

Sean

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Hi @SeanD,

Thanks for the update. I agree that all the content is relevant but, as you say, its all a bit bland and doesn't catch the eye. I think the main issue is that customers with a problem just want to get straight into getting it posted and hope for a quick answer rather than perhaps taking the time to read something first which might address their problem. I'm not quite sure how that can be achieved though!!!  One piece of information that it might be worth publishing is the ongoing issue of congestion. Perhaps a short paragraph describing the symptoms and the fact that it usually only a fiarly temporary problem until capacity is increased.

Licquorice

0 Ratings