Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1 of 19

Board structure

Go to solution

Stephanie and CLs.

A suggestion:-

As we now have a separate board for dealing with Infinity faults, I think that it would make things easier if the

BB Speed/Connection Issues Board was renamed ADSL Speed and connection issues and was described as

"Post any questions about your ADSL speed and connection problems."

Things like wireless connection issues, that are common to both ADSL and Infinity, would be best discussed on the

Other BB Queries board, as they are really networking issues, and are not actually ADSL or Infinity faults.

"This board is for everything else related to broadband in your home: emails, wireless connections, tech setup, PCs and other hardware"

At present, once a problem has been identified as nothing to do with the basic ADSL or Infinity connection, John and myself have been moving them to the Other BB board.

This keeps all the networking issues, whether they are wireless, Powerline, or Ethernet, in the same place.

It would make things a lot simpler for people.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Board structure

Go to solution

Keith I agree that it would help if it was clearer that the speed/connection board is for adsl ( not infinity) and hope that will reduce the number posted in error.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Yes, in the early days it did not matter so much, but so many problems are related to wireless connections, on both services, that making a change would benefit all.

A lot of the experts on the Infinity board, seem to be getting frustrated with people who complain of slow speed, and it turns out that they are using a wireless connection Smiley Frustrated

Just a side issue. Both boards and the phone faults board, have complaints about delayed installations, which are more to do with ordered packages, especially with the long lead times at the moment Smiley Sad

Stephanie did change the billing board to Bill and Packages, so that it included all ordering issues and delays.

I have moved some of those complaints over to the bills/packages, as they are not actually working services at the moment, so cannot be classed as service affecting faults.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution
Hi

I fully agree with Keith's Comments possible renaming boards to make them more easily identified particularly to new posters
0 Ratings
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the suggestion - The "wireless connections" line has been there since way before any the other broadband boards were there (if I remember correctly) so I have changed the descriptions and hopefully now it'll be a bit clearer for posters.

Let’s see how it goes 😉

Stephanie

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

that's great Stephanie

Now just hope posters read the heading before posting automatically on speed/connection boardSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Stephanie,

Thank you for taking the time to change this, it will make things a lot easier for those of us who are regular contributors Smiley Happy

The only slight change I would suggest, would be on the Infinity board where it says.

"Use this board to post about all things related to BT Infinity"

perhaps

"Use this board to post if you have problems with your Infinity connection"

There are still a few posts there relating to slow speeds on wireless, but are fine on an Ethernet connection.

People seem to expect an awful lot of their wireless connection.

Keith

0 Ratings
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution
Hi Keith, good point, I have edited the description so it's more in line with the BB board.

Ta,

Stephanie
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks for that. Whether people take any notice is another thing, but at least if they ask why a post has been moved, there is the correct description in the new board.

A lot of Infinity speed issues seem to be down to the fact that people are using wireless, and expecting to get full speed Smiley Sad

Once its proven that its working over an Ethernet connection, then the post can be moved over to the other BB board, where there is lots of info about computers and networking.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Stephanie, (+CLs)

Things do appear to be much better now, and most people do appear to be posting on the right board, so thanks Smiley Happy

There is always the problem of people who want to complain about delays in provision, where do they post?

I know that you did expand the Billing and Packages board to include all packages, and not just call packages. That I assume would include ADSL, Infinity and Vision packages?

Where there is a delay due the shortage of line plant, or cabinets, then this seems to me to be a reasonable place for people to express their opinion, in the absence of an extra board for this.

This would avoid cluttering up the Lounge or any of the "service affecting fault" boards with that sort of discussion.

Unless we had another board for people to chat about these issues, such as what Openreach are installing in their locality, and how long its likely to be before they get Infinity cabinets etc?

Just a thought.

Keith

0 Ratings