Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 19

Re: Board structure

Go to solution

No Keith I strongly disagree we need to keep all TV related material in the Vision Forum. People who have vision expect to be able to discuss all things there....,

We already had a disagreement about this re the new pricing for linear channels on BT Vision and you asked a Mod to intervene who agreed it was appropriate to leave this material on the Vision Board.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

Stuart,

I was not really referring to the vision board specifically, as that really isn`t a problem, as its very rare to see a complaint about delays in providing service, most are faults or general discussion about services, which seems fine to me.

Ther have in the past been some very heated discussions about BT Vision versus Sky, which are best relegated to the Lounge. Things do appear to have calmed down now Smiley Wink

Its things like delays in providing phone lines, Broadband, and Infinity, which in the majority of cases, are due to Openreach.

Openreach are not involved in the provision of BT Vision, so the problem does not arise.

So I would be inclined to leave Vision alone, as I am sure if thing start getting silly, then you will know what to do. Guilbo had a recent issue with the board, which I think is now mostly sorted.

Keith

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

Stuart,

This was the type of thing that I was referring to, which is not really anything to do with the Vision service, but simply a billing issue.

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Vision/TERRIBLE-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-FROM-VISION/m-p/721260

This I would really expect to be in the Bills and Packages board.

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution
It is still to do with Vision Keith and therefore ought to stay there and be dealt with from there.

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

It just does not seem to relate to any of these, as its about being charges after cancellation.

BT Vision

This is the place to post any BT Vision queries about Freeview, On Demand, recording, setup and programmes.

It up to you, if you are prepared to answer these type of questions.

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

Why wouldn't I answer these questions? 

The last thing a disgruntled poster needs is to have their post shunted about.

Can we please end this discussion? You have strong views about board structure and RSS feeds. 

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

Hi guys,

The board descriptions are there to give guidance on where you should post but it won’t ever be an exhaustive list so there will always be some cross-over.

E.g. if there’s a BT Vision order issue it can be left in the BTV board, likewise with YouView order problems.

Also, as a rule we don’t discuss other providers on the forum, but as you know sometimes comparison threads come up e.g. BTV vs Sky. These threads are fine and really they should be kept in the Vision board as it will be of interest to people who visit that board.

Threads like that can be kept as long as they are talking about feature comparisons and so on, but if it gets to the stage where people are talking about specific deals/prices from competitors then the mod team may need to step in. Do flag these posts to us if you spot this happening but please don’t remove them yourself as often these situations will be a gray area and may need us to deal privately with the posters.

For the likes of Infinity, any queries about FTTC/FTTP availability should be left in the Infinity board. I would also be inclined to leave order issues in the Infinity board as well, so that all Infinity-related queries are kept all together.

There will always be exceptions, but we’re running a risk of over-thinking things and over-modding the boards as a consequence, so if in doubt leave the post where it is, flag the post to us and we’ll look into whether it should be moved.

I would say that PSTN provisions could probably go in the billing board, and usually posters tend to instinctively go there with these sorts of issues (they will usually either go the billing or PSTN faults board). Each post will need to be reviewed individually so this isn’t a rule but more of a guideline, and again if in doubt leave the post there and flag it to us.

It’s tricky as a lot of the queries that come up don’t fit neatly into the board descriptions, so there isn’t a “one size fits all” rule that we can apply. I would say, if you see something that you know should be moved and is obviously in the wrong board, work away and do your thing.

If you see something that you think should probably be moved but are unsure where to, flag to us and we’ll review it.

Hope this helps clarify things a bit from our point of view. Also, didn’t mean to turn this post into an essay, sorry!

Stephanie

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Stephanie,

Which ever way you want really, I will leave Infinity order issues where they are in future, It will just make it more difficult to separate real problems, from all the moaning about provision delays, that  as customers, none of us can do anything about.

I doubt very much I will participate in the Infinity forum again, unless I can find a means of separating faults away from general service provision problems.

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks Stephanie that is all quite clear.

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings