Message 11 of 16

Re: Bold, Underline, Italics icons in emails are not working

These items are not working for me

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 16

I have been using a work around for formatting text when using BT Yahoo! Mail in IE11 for about a month but have not described it as I have expected a new system or a fix from BT. In their absence, here it is!

Send the text to be formatted to yourself. Open the Sent message. Then Open and right click the Print window and click View source. Save it and Open with Notepad. Find the text to be formatted and bracket it with htm tags <i> and </i> for italic. When done, Close and Save Notepad. Open it normally and check the formatting is correct. Then Select and Copy the text and Paste it into a new email in BT Mail. It should appear as in the browser and can be edited, apart from the formatting of text, and Sent OK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

Try putting the browser into compatibility mode and see if that helps.

If you want to use webmail and have the problems why not type it in a word document then cut and paste it into your email.

Much easier though to use an email client such as Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird. They also have many more advantages than using webmail.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 14 of 16

gg30340 - Many thanks! A quick check shows that putting IE11 into compatibility mode has restored formatting of text! And pasting straight from Word looks OK too. I don't know what effect putting yahoo.com into CM will have on other pages but I can, of course, turn it off.

I do compose in Word but paste via Notepad (as I do here) as long ago going direct messed up. (Was this in Hotmail?) Now going direct not in CM, add lots of extra blank lines but otherwise appears OK.

In defence: I wrote BT twice and had two long sessions with BT technicians one of which involved reinstalling IE11 but CM was never mentioned!

I am dimly aware of email clients and gather WLM is free for W7 HP but have not tried it since I replaced Vista. Sorry to be so conservative but thanks again!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 16

George, Thunderbird is also free!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

And both are far better than webmail.
0 Ratings