cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jjj
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Boost BT mobile at home?

I've just switched to BT mobile as the price is good no the coverage checker indicated that reception was excellent for 2 and 3G. Unfortunately at home the signal is poor, generally 1 bar of signal and calls dropping out before being connected. I switched from Vodafone because the signal was similarly bad and I objected to spending £100 on their sure signal box just to get a decent signal in the house. Are there any suggestions on improving/boosting the mobile reception in the house?
Phone is a iphone4.
Hope someone can help.
Cheers
Jjj
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
andy79uk
Beginner
Message 2 of 11

Re: Boost BT mobile at home?

Hi Jjj, I have the same problem - luck if I get a 1 bar signal. It's a massive shame as the BT Mobile offer is superb. Seeing as BT Mobile piggy-backs of the EE network, would one of the EE signal boosters work? I'm not sure, so anyone got any ideas?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

this was raised before  https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Mobile/EE-signal-box/td-p/1493712

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jjj
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

We have a partial success to my initial enquiry but the EE website states that they don't sell them anymore.
I assume that BT don't offer anything so what can I do?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

One of the posters on the link suggested buy from auction but risk EE not activating

BT don't have anything

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jjj
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Thanks all.

Do any BT employees etc. read these posts? Do they have an official view on this?
By moving from Vodafone to BT I may have saved a bit of money but with no improvement to signal.
Jack
0 Ratings
Emrsw01
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Hi,
Ive just moved from 02 giff gaff to BT and even though the signal is lower the service is so much better. Voice call in particular are excellent where as before they were of poor quality with a much better signal level.
0 Ratings
souster
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

I need to have some sort of boost at home for my mobile signal which is poor.

Unfortunately, I have no phone line at home, so no broadband or internet hub. I have to run my computer internet thro' my mobile hotspot so I need a decent mobile signal.

Any suggestions? 

Can anyone help?

I think BT are implying that I must upgrade to "Business" to get a boost!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

"boosters" or femtocells   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femtocell rely on a broadband connection for the backhaul connection, so would be no use in your case.

I cannot see how a business account would make any difference.

BT do not supply femtocells at the moment anyway.

You may find a mobile broadband service only service from anothe provider may help. I have a Three Mobile MiFi unit (PAYG) which I use on holiday, as they seem to have good mobile BB coverage. Check the coverage maps for your area.

It can however be expensive for mobile broadband, so its usually cheaper to get a phone line and broadband installed.

0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

Wifi calling is coming soon.

Won't help you with an iPhone 4, however, too old to be supported.

0 Ratings