cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlGale
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Bose Soundtouch 10 / Home Hub 3 issues

When I power up Bose ST10 (not from sleep, but switch on at mains) all access to internet is blocked acoss all devices (that is PCs on WiFi, PC on ethernet, and WiFi on iPad, andorid phones and tablets, and the ST10 itself)

Network access is maintained across WiFi and ethernet on all devices(and I can access NAS locally and remotely) and weirdly Facebook app on iPad and tablets appears to work including embedded youtube vids

This remains until the ST10 is unplugged (not power button on ST itself) when internet access is restored within a few minutes...

If I launch ST app and tablet/phone first and then set up the ST10 all seems OK

Providing the ST10 is not unplugged all is fine subsequently on powering off/on on the ST itself

In principle I can live with this provided the ST10 isn't unplugged or loses power

Suspicions are DNS or IP address conflicts with the HH3 but any ideas?

HH3 is set to defaults for DNS and DHCP

There are 11 kinds of people in the world..... Those who understand binary, those who don't and those, like me, who wish they'd never heard of it...
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
matthewbrown_uk
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bose Soundtouch 10 / Home Hub 3 issues

hi. I have a problem connecting my ST 10 via the app to my Smart Hub. How did you get the ST 10 to connect in the first place? Did you get your Wi-Fi issue resolved?
0 Ratings
AlGale
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bose Soundtouch 10 / Home Hub 3 issues

@matthewbrown_uk wrote:
hi. I have a problem connecting my ST 10 via the app to my Smart Hub. How did you get the ST 10 to connect in the first place? Did you get your Wi-Fi issue resolved?

2nd question 1st - simple answer is No!  I upgraded to Infinity and a Home Hub 5 and this then worked. I suspect that this was some sort of conflict between the HH3 and the ST10 which was made worse by a firmware/software update on the ST10. Before the HH5 I was ready to abandon the ST10 or possibly try another router

However - there shouldn't be an issue with the Smart Hub - launch the app on phone/tablet and follw the instructions which worked well for me. Also take a look at https://www.soundtouch.com/KnowledgeCenterView#!/feedtype=SINGLE_ARTICLE_DETAIL&dc=SoundTouch&criter...

Hope it works out...

There are 11 kinds of people in the world..... Those who understand binary, those who don't and those, like me, who wish they'd never heard of it...
0 Ratings