cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 17

Box arrived at last

Pointless post really, but my YouView box has finally arrived this morning after what seemed like an eternal wait. Impressions to follow later...

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
bobjob
Contributor
Message 2 of 17

Re: Box arrived at last

hope yours is fine but i would give it a few days before giving a verdict.
0 Ratings
hitman
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 17

Well done Bob had mine a week works fine NOW i sorted it myself

0 Ratings
bobjob
Contributor
Message 4 of 17

hitman,info please,how did you sort it ??
0 Ratings
Highlighted
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 17

Well, unboxed it and hooked it up (mostly). Had a problem finding channels on initial scan but was OK once I plugged the aerial lead in. 

Did a software update on startup, didn't pick up the October release, so may have to wait until tomorrow for that.

Initial impressions are that it's OK. I've programmed in all the shows that our Sky records easily enough. I think I'm going to reserve judgement until I've had the software update. 

I like the guide, it seems responsive enough.

The sound level on BBC HD is very low compared to the other channels. Not sure if that's because it is downmixing a surround audio track to 2 channels for the HDMI - and not doing it very well.

I would like the ability to hide On Demand content from providers I will not be using, such as Now TV. 

0 Ratings
hitman
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 17

Nothing would work ,nothing that needed the net anyway , reset the box to factory default then before reinstalling reset router with a pin not by pulling power wire out like our bt friends keep telling us to .wait until all lights are blue and then reinstall box and hey it worked for me ...........................

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 17

Well reported my first bug over on the YouView forums.

Also does anyone else have ESPN showing up in the EPG and channel list?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 17

@cactusbob wrote:

Also does anyone else have ESPN showing up in the EPG and channel list?

Do you expect it not to?

In answer to your earlier point about BBCHD's volume level being lower, my TV has the same issue when they're transmitting the preview loop (which is most of it) which is 5.1. The volume increases when they transmit the rest of it in DD Stereo/Prologic. It would seem to be a transmission thing.

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 17

Yes it was the BBC HD preview loop, I'll ignore that one then.

Yes I was not expecting ESPN to show up as there is no means of decoding it within the box. 

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 10 of 17

A Freeview receiver shows all the channels it sees whether they're encrypted or not.

0 Ratings