cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymoose
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

Brand new Home Hub 5 restarting way too much

So a few days ago, I got a brand new Home Hub 5 delivered and after a few restarts (of what I assume were firmware updates and the usual stuff) everything was fine for a day or two. However since yesterday morning i've been getting frequent reboots from my hub, to the point where it's really difficult to use. I've had my home hub reboot at LEAST 8 times so far today, probably more that I haven't noticed.

Does anybody know what is causing this? There are no reported problems in my area and the firmware seems to be up to date. We are moving on to Infinity tomorrow so maybe that has something to do with it, but I don't see why.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Brand new Home Hub 5 restarting way too much

is there any noise on quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2 should eb quiet and best with corded phone

is infinity self install or engineer?  moving to infinity should not cause resetting problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymoose
Beginner
Message 3 of 19

There is no noise and it's self install.

I'm also assuming that it is rebooting but that may not be the case, the light keeps flashing orange and all wi-fi devices get disconnected until the hub light turns blue.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

are you using the test socket especially if you have extension sockets in other rooms  did you get new filters to use?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymoose
Beginner
Message 5 of 19

What is the 'test socket'? Also everything was replaced with the new hub, wires, filters and power supply.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

test socket is here  test socket.jpg

0 Ratings
Anonymoose
Beginner
Message 7 of 19

Ahh yes I we are, is that a problem?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

no that should be your best connection

0 Ratings
Anonymoose
Beginner
Message 9 of 19

Ahh i see, so you have no other ideas 😕
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

did you do a factory reset after the firmware updated?

are you able to post any stats from the hh5  troubleshooting then helpdesk

some things to check for interference  

interference causes

0 Ratings