cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 33

Re: Breathtaking incompetence from BT - ongoing email issue not even understood by BT, let alone fix

@pottyperson wrote:

Unsurprisingly, I'll also declare my membership of the fan club.

I wouldn't say I'm in a fan club.  I've experienced many problems with the BT Yahoo mail over the years, including:

1. Yahoo's servers going flaky and randomly rejecting connections from my mail client,
  2. Yahoo deciding that someone is hacking into my account and insisting that I must change my password now,
  3. Yahoo arbitrarily changing the Terms and Conditions of what is supposed to be a service from BT, and insisting that I must agree to them.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 33

Re: Breathtaking incompetence from BT - ongoing email issue not even understood by BT, let alone fix

I'm glad I got another non-fan - I was starting to think all the Guru's worked for BT. My email problems and general level of support fall far short of my expectations (even as a consumer product - albeit Infinity 2 - the equivelent in car anology of a fast hatchback). If this service were a car - I'd either be stranded somewhere remote or spread out all over the road in little bits.

Back to topic tho - the error rejection from Outlook would be a starting point.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 33

@blinkinlight wrote:

I was starting to think all the Guru's worked for BT.

You said BT's email service was not fit for purpose. I don't know the motives of the others who reacted, but my response was an honest refutation of that conclusion based solely on my experience. Your implication those countering criticism must work for BT is trite.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 33

Back to business.

vofsanity2 wrote:

Since the transfer to BT Mail has this account ever worked with Outlook ?

That's important and the reason I asked the question in Message 2. Have you checked the settings?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 33

@blinkinlight wrote:

I'm glad I got another non-fan - I was starting to think all the Guru's worked for BT. My email problems and general level of support fall far short of my expectations (even as a consumer product - albeit Infinity 2 - the equivelent in car anology of a fast hatchback). If this service were a car - I'd either be stranded somewhere remote or spread out all over the road in little bits.

Back to topic tho - the error rejection from Outlook would be a starting point.

It's a pity that it would appear by your post that people are only allowed to express negative opinions of the email system and not positive ones even if it is based upon their personal experience of the product.  Going by what you have said if your car worked and you informed others of that you must be an employee of the car manufacturer! What a very strange analogy.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 33

Tell me about it.  3 months.. !!!!

Unbelievable incompetence.

Was even told today by someone calling me back after I wrote the head office about this in despairation that BT doesn't recommend using email clients anymore!   Has BT gone nuts?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 33

Any guru's here that think they can solve this client side.. have no idea how bad a problem it is. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 33

Can you elaborate?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 33

Everything already said here in all the threads about it.  And the tech support is useless.  Actually told what I said, that they don't recommend the use of email clients.  I went ballistic and spoke to a supervisor, who said he would this time (yet again.. heard it so much.. ) find a solution..  Which never happens.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 33

No, you've lost me. First you complain that BT don't recommend the use of mail clients and then you say mail clients don't solve the problem (whatever 'the problem' is).

0 Ratings