cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 31 of 33

Re: Breathtaking incompetence from BT - ongoing email issue not even understood by BT, let alone fix

@Karen09 wrote:

You can't imagine what I've been through on this.  I even had one of the tier 2 guys remoted into my pc and I took over and brought him into this site and showed him 3 threads on this issue.  One of the threads was 6 pages long at the time.

Where do they get these guys?  It was like I was talking to someone in Burma living on cloud coo-coo land.. His response to me was that even though I was showing him the complaints of everyone having exactly these same troubles, that he couldn't be sure they were all related..

Needless to say, I escallated that call to a supervisor eventually, you can only take so much.

Supervisor of tier 2 of course, took charge and promised it would be fixed.. 1 month ago..

Karen09,

Rather than hijack this thread that was started by TrentSC, can I suggest that we tackle your problem using the Private Message (PM) system.  This avoids the topic being sidetracked by unhelpful posts by members of the community that ought to know better.  Getting late now so perhaps we can pick the issue up sometime over the weekend.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 33

Re: Breathtaking incompetence from BT - ongoing email issue not even understood by BT, let alone fix

I'm not hijacking this thread.  I'm sharing about the same problem he is having.  As he was looking to vent about this situation, so I had the same kind of experience as he has been having today..

Please, unless you are a server side systems admin at BT Yahoo email service, I doubt you are going to help much in a PM. 

But thanks for the offer. 

This thread is about the miserable tech support system in place and conflicting, time wasting solutions that address everything but actually getting BT to fix this issue.  I hope others come out and talk about how utterly useless the scripts are that these tier 1 and tier 2 support guys have when confronting a problem that actually requires the use of logic, experience and common sense.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 33 of 33

As I posted (and was rebuked for) at the beginning of this thread -

"I would quite simply say that Email Services as provided BT are not 'fit for purpose' - you would be better served by some of the free cloud services available from the likes of Google or Microsoft. Or (preferably)  to set up your own domain and use it's mail server (this has the added advantage that if you choose to change ISP then you can still keep your email and ofc any personal stationary you may have had printed)".

Do remember tho that the email service is povided as a free additional benefit - it's not in any service contract for residential customers - apparently BT don't see email as an integral part of the 'Internet Experience' that may of us who played about with modems the size of shoeboxes grew up with.

0 Ratings