Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 16

Re: British moto gp 4k

@scointer wrote:

Agree I think the BT film store would be great if you could access it outside of a BTTV contract, but I can see myself always having s BTTV contract 😉 so I would love the opportunity to buy a full blown 4K film (with quality sound that is missing on the sky store 🙂 ).

I agree with the pricing but with sky dropping fast (£10 install, 12 month contract and 60% off the package) it starts to look more interesting. Again I know discounts come and go and work both ways but just saying how things stand for be personally at this moment in time.

It's not that I anticipate ending mine anytime soon, it's just I'd prefer the certainty of knowing of knowing I'd always have my films. And given the existance of services such as Ultraviolet BT could ensure that with minimum effort on their part. 

0 Ratings
paulo1980
Contributor
Message 12 of 16

If you read the statement it was a special collaboration between BT and Dorna sport who actually film and distribute the image worldwide so if dorna are not broadcasting with 4K cameras then BT cannot show it in 4K. Maybe you should contact Dorna sport and ask them if they plan to use 4K cameras in the future.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 16

so why are BT advertising it if they don't know if Dorna are going to do it...

http://sport.bt.com/football/tv-listings/live-events-on-bt-sport-ultra-hd-S11364000615629

"Watch the world's best players in four times the detail of full HD. We'll bring you the UEFA Champions League, Barclays Premier League, UEFA Europa League and the FA Cup as you've never seen them before. Other live events will be shown throughout the season, including Aviva Premiership Rugby matches, MotoGP races and squash."

That would be false advertising...

0 Ratings
paulo1980
Contributor
Message 14 of 16

How do you know they wont maybe there is a race before the end which will include 4K broadcast bit extreme to say false advertising.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 16

@scointer wrote:

so why are BT advertising it if they don't know if Dorna are going to do it...

http://sport.bt.com/football/tv-listings/live-events-on-bt-sport-ultra-hd-S11364000615629

"Watch the world's best players in four times the detail of full HD. We'll bring you the UEFA Champions League, Barclays Premier League, UEFA Europa League and the FA Cup as you've never seen them before. Other live events will be shown throughout the season, including Aviva Premiership Rugby matches, MotoGP races and squash."

That would be false advertising...

That web page dates back to last year - it is  updated with actual listings a few times a month - so the text you highlighted was relevant when it was first added (last year) and as with many web pages  hasn't been fully updated - rather a section of the webpage - eg actual fixtures has.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 16

Unless my memory is going no fa cup games were shown in UHD last year so that statement I quoted has been changed this year also. Therefore I still stand by leaving the Moto gp races part in is very bad admin.
0 Ratings