cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: Broad Band Connection drops every so often!

Okay ill plug it into that, how strong will the connection be wirelessly? From downstairs to upstairs? Im thinking of the Xbox and laptops, its a new BT HomeHub 3 which is like 2 days old, but i just want to know will the connection be awful? I know my connection at the moment isnt very high, even with the hub next to the laptop i still get a:

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 20

I have plugged it in and did the same speed test as below, the download has increased to 0.36 mb/s but thats about it. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 20

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results .

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 20

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 00:35:23
Downstream:7.438 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):15.3 dB / 22.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):32.3 dB / 20.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.8 dBm / 11.9 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):1129 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):54 / 5
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):349 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):31 / 2
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 20

you now have a 7.4mb connection which I think gives a profile of 6500.  can you run btspeedtester to check your profile and also your throughput/download

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 20

what does that mean then? Is it quick or slow? 🙂 Urrm the test said a error occured, so i have to wait an hour. But i know it said my throughput/download speed it said was 350kph/kbhs or something :L Something 'K' 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 20

you are on adslmax with an up to 8mb connection speed and you have a 7.4mb connection so almost as fast as you can get.  however without btspeedtester results cannot tell whether there is a problem with a low profile or low throughput or both

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 20

Right okayy, urrm ill try and post them up when i can, however like i said the bleeding test said an error occured, it was running through it and then after the 1st test completed it said one occured 😕

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 20

btspeedtester has been having problems lately so just a matter of trying every so often until you succeed

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 20

Okayy cool, thought it was down to me Haha, ill post up the results asap.

0 Ratings