cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Broad band router and upgrade

I have been with Bt for many years and I asked for a free up grade I am on Unltd b/band package and have had the router hub 3 for the last 4 years + and not sure why the will not upgrade me for free 

I have stared to look round for asimmlar pacage and will need to look as money is not easy comming these days and with all the showing of Jan sales ?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Broad band router and upgrade

If you are renewing your contract then you can get a new hub just pay the £6.95(I think) postage  if not renewing then you will only get a new hub if there is a problem with your existing hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 17

If there is nothing wrong with your present homehub and it is doing everything you want it to do without problems I would be wary of upgrading. Have a look through the forums for problems with the homehub 4 & 5.

The only real "advantage" with the HH4 and 5 is they use AC technology and are dualband.

There is no point in going for a HH5 if you do not have Infinity. The HH4 does the same job but does not have the built in VDSL modem which the HH5 has for Infinity use.

If you re-contract you will probably be offered a HH4 for the cost of postage but if you don't re-contract they will only sell you one and in my opinion you could probably get a better third party router cheaper.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 17

well if you take out contract the have recovered the cost of the hub in
3 months
I have had issues since dec 2013 and took 4 calls to get resolved and then only got like for like hub

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 17

if your hub was faulty then they would just replace like for like not new for old

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 17

well if faultu hub and the send like for like it means that will becomes  faulty as well then why not just upgrade the customer and this way get loyal customer who want look any where to got got oyther year or so 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 17

got to use up the old hubs somewhere and where better than to replace faulty hubs with same hub - until old hubs are finished then on to next hub version

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 17

then why show new hubs on screen and show that the are cheaper then what you are paying at present
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

the new hubs are what new customers receive.  this is no different to other companies where the new updated product is given to new customers. an example is there is a new sky tv box with wifi built in free to new customers but not existing customers

you can get a new hh5 when you renew your contract for the cost of the postage

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 17

well FYI I called asked Sky Tv for upgrade box as had the there old White box for years and was sent the above for free an d think will need to contact them and see what there up grades are like with B/ band as Bt inc prices but not give the service as you can see had to make 4 call to get like for like router

0 Ratings