Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 11

Broad band speed on speedtest .net is 0.13

Go to solution

But home hub says speed allowed alot different

<script type="text/javascript">// var isValid = menutext(); if(isValid==0) { var link = new String("home.lp"); location.href = link; } // </script>
<script src="js/table.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
ADSL line status<script type="text/javascript">// var trClass = ["odd", "even"]; var td1 = ["w3", "Line state", "Connection time", "Downstream", "Upstream"]; var td3 = ["w3", "VPI/VCI", "Type", "Modulation", "Latency type", "Noise margin (Down/Up)", "Line attenuation (Down/Up)", "Output power (Down/Up)", "Loss of Framing (Local)", "Loss of Signal (Local)", "Loss of Power (Local)", "FEC Errors (Down/Up)", "CRC Errors (Down/Up)", "HEC Errors (Down/Up)", "Error Seconds (Local)"]; var td2 = ["", "Connected", "1 day, 0:41:43", "2,944 Kbps", "448 Kbps"]; var td4 = ["", "0/38", "PPPoA", "ITU-T G.992.1", "Interleaved", "7.8 dB / 14.0 dB", "58.0 dB / 31.5 dB", "17.6 dBm / 12.3 dBm", "0", "0", "0", "333992 / 474", "176 / 2147480000", "nil / 332", "99"]; // </script>
Connection information<script type="text/javascript">// createTable("normal", trClass, td1, td2); // </script>
Line stateConnected
Connection time1 day, 0:41:43
Downstream2,944 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL settings<script type="text/javascript">// createTable("normal", trClass, td3, td4); // </script>
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)7.8 dB / 14.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)58.0 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)17.6 dBm / 12.3 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)333992 / 474
CRC Errors (Down/Up)176 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 332
Error Seconds (Local)99
<script type="text/javascript">// var showButton = new Button("show","","Hide Details", function(){GoAndRemember('bb_dsl.lp','');}); // </script>
  Hide Details  
<script type="text/javascript">// var forms=document.getElementsByTagName("form"); for(var i=0; i<forms.length; i++) { var temp=document.createElement("INPUT"); temp.type="hidden"; temp.name="rn"; temp.value = readCookie('xAuth_SESSION_ID'); forms[i].insertBefore(temp, forms[i].firstChild); } // </script>
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Broad band speed on speedtest .net is 0.13

Go to solution

can you run btspeedtester and post the results.  this will show your profile and also your throughput which speedtest.net does not

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Fine!!!!
I test my internet speed test, through this site www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test
It provides the best results for speed test and also has the details about to Search and find ip address's,domain name host's who is information including city, country, global latitude & longitude coordinates.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

as I said your download speed is controlled by your profile and only btspeedtester will show your profile.  It may be your profile is low for your speed due to resets/disconnections  you can see here http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

<script src="x-javascript/image.handler.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="x-javascript/starttest.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="x-javascript/speed.test.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="x-javascript/cookie.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script type="text/javascript">// window.history.forward(); // </script>

Home Image not loadedTesting Image not loadedResult Image not loaded

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

<script type="text/javascript">// paintProgressAndMessageOnBar(100,"The test has successfully completed"); // </script> Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
83 Kbps

0 Kbps250 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
 Download speedachieved during the test was - 83 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :2944 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.

If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your ISP for assistance.

Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.

Please visit FAQ section if you are unable To understand the test results.

<script src="x-javascript/wz_tooltip.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Notes:
If your download speed lies in this range then your connection seems to be working fine.
Notes:
The Download Speed is the average rate that was achieved during this test.
Notes:

Your line is configured to the maximum rate that it can support or at your chosen fixed rate, this is known as the line rate and would be viewed through your CPE software or in your router configuration.

Your IP profile is always less than the line rate and is normal on any network.

<script type="text/javascript">// paintProgressAndMessageTestBar(0," "); // </script> <script src="x-javascript/wz_tooltip.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="x-javascript/continue.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

just as I expected your profile is rock bottom at 135 instead of 2500.  you need to stay connected 24/7 with no resets/disconnections for 3/5 days and it should rise automatically.  if after this period you can show the stable line but the profile is still 135 then you need mod assistance to kick it into action so fill up the form  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for your help, i reset my hub on friday nite because i didnt know what else to do. My noise margin was very high at 38 db and someone had told me that this could be my problem, this went back down to 8 db after i had reset.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

that's closer to normal so now just leave it connected 24/7 with no resets and your profile should rise after 3/5 days.  If not then you have the link for the mods

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with BT's DLM system at the moment...far too many stuck profiles and it seems only a few resets are dropping people to 135 profile...coincidence?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for all your help, hope my IP profile stays like this!                                                                    Download speedachieved during the test was - 2258 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :3008 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2500 Kbps

0 Ratings