Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Broad band very unstable

Hello BT employees 

Is it normal when a master socket and out side line for you phone and broadband line before and after being moved should keep cutting off and after it has been moved it cuts off all the time? Also the broad band has been freezing, online games freeze, you tube and pages either load slow or don't load at all. They also fixed a fault in the line a day ago.

Thanks for your experiance and time on this matter before we begin. Ps I refuse to ring India lol

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broad band very unstable

the only BT employees on the forum are the forum mods everyone else is a customer just like you

I'm sorry but I'm not sure of your problem  have you tried connecting to the test socket with a new filter and see if that stabilises your connection  nte5 test.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hello and thanks for your reply 🙂 I'm jolly today too haha, well at the moment

Its all new the socket and filter and yep tried to connect to a socket with front plate off. I've done all the normal tests, rest router tried different pcs and a new router. It has stabilised a bit but still freezes on the kids games online and you tube and pages are still unresponsive, don't load or hang for ages on every computer we have tried so it's not the computers. The engineer was here moving the master socket and outside wire today and yesterday they fixed a fault in the line in this road. Should I wait or carry on here? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

If you are connected to test socket and still having problems then I would get the engineer back to fix the problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Ok thanks for your help 🙂

0 Ratings