cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen1971
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Broadband Activation Problems

Hi there.  I'm hoping one of the mods picks this up as from reading some other posts, it seems that it is the quickest way to get this type of problem sorted and lots of people seem to have had the same issue.

My broadband activation date was 13 December but this never happened as I was told there was an issue at the exchange and that a new order had to be put through but this would be escalated and my broadband would be activated on Monday 16 December. Guaranteed!! I called the call centre on Monday 16 December to make sure this had been done and was told that it hadn't been escalated but they would do it now and my broadband would be activated within 24 hours. I was told this by a supervisor. 24 hours came and went and still no broadband. Yesterday, 18 December and I received a text and email telling me that my broadband was ready to use so I got home and tried it and still the red flashing broadband sign on the home hub. I called in and was told that Wholesale had closed off the order or the escalation and that everything should be ok but to leave it till midnight. This morning it still wasn't working so I called in and was told, again, that there was a problem with the order and that they would have to send another order to Wholesale or the exhange. I spoke with someone in the Customer Options team, which I assume is athe complaints section and was told that definitely it would be on in the next 48 hours. I do not believe this and now know, after speaking with a friend who is an engineering supervisor with BT, that it's more likely going to be a few weeks before my broadband will be activated. I am on the verge of cancelling my contract as the service has been very poor (I'm being very kind here) but if a mod can reply to this with maybe some contact details then I can give them my other details such as account number and telephone number. Things seem to get resolved (or at least you get told the truth) when a mod gets involved.  Thanks in advnace.  Stephen Campbell

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband Activation Problems

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phone  

mod contact.JPG

Stephen1971
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply John. I might be lucky and my BB may be working within 48 hours but if not then I'll wait for one of the mods to reply.

Kind regards,

Stephen

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi Stephen1971

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll check on your order. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Stephen1971
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi NeilO.

Thanks for the very prompt reply. I've just contacted you via the contact mod link under your profile using ref *********.  Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Stephen

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

could you please edit out your reference number as it is personal to you
0 Ratings