Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
152bobby
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Broadband Auto Renewal !!

Go to solution
Just found out today that my BT broadband was renewed automatically, apparently because I have BT Sport Lite included in my package, which I don't even use !!
I have had it removed today, as I want to be the one that decides whether to stay with BT or not.
So I'm stuck with BT until January 2018. I can pay £140 to cancel, which I may do, as it will still be cheaper paying the cancellation fee and changing to a new broadband provider.
I am currently paying approx £53 per month for BT Infinity and asked if I could be put on the next package down which is £29.99 per month, but was told that is only for new customers, so that's obviously me paying for new customers to get a better deal than me !!!
I have been with BT for decades and it angers me how they treat loyal customers.
So today I have been looking at other providers and will probably pay the cancellation fee and move.
A real shame that the BT person I spoke to on the phone today could not offer me a better deal, not even a quid off.......so I'll be off instead !!
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
PaddyB
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband Auto Renewal !!

Go to solution

Hi @152bobby,

I'm sorry your contract was renewed without your knowledge. If you send me in your BT account details, I'll be able to see what can be done. You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
152bobby
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Great thanks. But I can't find the Contact the Mods in your profile ?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

You need to view the forum in the full site option, not the mobile view.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @152bobby I can see that you have now completed the form and it's in the queue. We will be in touch when you reach the top of the queue.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
152bobby
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Well, as promised, the BT guys took my comments on board and emailed and even called me. Kevin was absolutely great and should be on the front line customer services desk. He gave me various options and suggestions and it ended with me being very happy for the next 12 months, thanks Kevin.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the brilliant feedback @152bobby. I'll pass that on to Kevin.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings