Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cmcheung93
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 32

Broadband Connection - Cannot load webpages

Go to solution

Hi

My broadband light on the home hub is steady blue, and my laptop can search for and connect to the broadband via both wireless and ethernet cable. However, when I open the browser the page is blank and loads for about 10-20 minutes before saying 'the webpage is not available'. I've tried resetting the home hub as instructed by BT advisors but it only worked the first time and then failed again. I have had no success talking to technical team as they just keep repeating the same thing and redirecting my calls. I was wondering if anyone could help?

Thanks

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 32

Re: Broadband Connection - Cannot load webpages

Go to solution
have you tried a different web browser
0 Ratings
cmcheung93
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 32

Go to solution

Yes I've tried on both IE and Google Chrome

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 32

Go to solution

can you post the adsl stats from your router and run btspeedtester and post the results not beta version

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cmcheung93
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 32

Go to solution

How do I bring up the ADSL stats?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 32

Go to solution

Ok Work through tis information and post bak your hub stats and results of the speed test

Here are some help pages done by CL Keith http://www.btinternet.com/~cbeddoe/speed/Speed.html

also post your full hub stats details shown in this link http://www.btinternet.com/~cbeddoe/others/adslstats.html

Can you also post the full results fromBT Speedtest speedtester.bt.com

Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socket  Test Socket.jpg

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 32

Go to solution

if you are using a hub enter 192.168.1.254 into your browser, enter password then navigate to adsl stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cmcheung93
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 32

Go to solution

ADSL 

Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 00:08:43
Downstream:3.125 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):4.4 dB / 21.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):56.7 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.3 dBm / 12.4 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):47387285 / 6947
CRC Events (Down/Up):115780 / 6615

Download speed 1.51

Upload speed 0.31

Ping latency 153.25

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 32

Go to solution

can you try the quiet line test as per john46 post please

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 32

Go to solution
could you please try and run the full bt speed test as we need to see your IP profile
0 Ratings