Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmcheung93
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 32

Re: Broadband Connection - Cannot load webpages

Go to solution

I have tried the quiet line test - it is normal and I can't hear anything.

Will do the full speed test now.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 32

Go to solution

are you connected to the test or master socket as described in john46 post?

you have a very large number of errors for only 8min connected - have you been having problems with your connection dropping or have you been resetting trying to improve your connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cmcheung93
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 32

Go to solution

Currently I'm not connected because I would not be able to access the Internet and thus this forum.

I cannot run the speed test because it says I don't have Java but I have installed Java but it still doesn't show up.

I have resetted the home hub several times to try and get the broadband to work.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 32

Go to solution

there is something causing a lot of noise hence why connecting to the test socket should help

do you have other sockets in your home apart from the master socket?  if so have you removed the bellwire from terminal 3 in the master and all the extensions 

bellwire removal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cmcheung93
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 32

Go to solution
I'm not connected to the master socket
I spoke with a BT advisor and she said that some of my packages have been lost and they have to change the domain?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 32

Go to solution

that was why I suggested you connect to the test socket assuming you have an NTE5 master like this  master socket nte5.jpg  the test socket is behind the bottom half

0 Ratings
cmcheung93
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 32

Go to solution
Yes I have that - but I don't have any screwdrivers to open it?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 32

Go to solution

that is a problemSmiley Sad

0 Ratings
cmcheung93
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 32

Go to solution
Do you think I should just wait until the people at the exchange change the domain? Would that solve the problem?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 32

Go to solution

I don't think that will solve the noise problem.  do you have telephone extension sockets in other rooms whether in use or not?

0 Ratings