Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rob200375
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Broadband Connection Dropping Daily

Hi,

Story,

About 2 months ago BT starting working in our village to enable Infinity, they were working on the boxes for about a week, during this time they caused 8 houses (my lines as well) to lose all connection for 10 days, no dial tone and no broadband.

Dial tone was restored and broadband restored.

Since this time I have had constant loss of broadband, the HH2 loses the signal completely, no light on the unit for broadband (middle light). When I mean constant I mean I have to reset the broadband at least twice a day to get the service working and then it will work for a few hours and then drop again, this is a problem as I have to go to the farm 2 mile travel each time to get the service working again.

I have spoken to the fault lines 8 or 10 times in the last 2 months trying to get this resolved and each time they check the line say it is an exchange fault or line fault, fix it and close the case and then it works for a day and then drops again and I am back to square 1 with rubbish/non-existent broadband, my broadband speed is also very low, always has been around 1/4 meg to 1/2 meg speed and the same for upload.

This broadband line is only used for a CCTV camera to monitor the farm, so this is a crucial line that needs to work 24/7, nothing at the farm has changed or altered in the last 4 years, I have suggested to BT that they replace the homehub and they seem to ignore this request, I am at a loss of what to do, and thought I would post here to see if anyone has any suggestions on how to tackle BT to get this resolved once and for all.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Broadband Connection Dropping Daily

Is this line a business or residential line
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 3 of 12

Hi rob200375,

What village, and county, are you in ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
rob200375
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

the line is residential
0 Ratings
rob200375
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

not sure why this matters

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 6 of 12

Hi rob200375,

It matters not.  I was just curious that's all, in case it was one of the SFBB installations in my area ( Cambridgeshire ).

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

is there anything shown here for your exchnage http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15036

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

a business line has a better SLA Service Level agreement and as it is carries a CCTV LINK it may be a better option
rob200375
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

hi,

the plusnet tool shows the following

20CN VP capacity at this exchange is currently showing as Amber

amber shows the following

BT is reporting that some of the 20CN virtual paths at this exchange are not operating within BT Wholesale's planning guidance, although they are still operating within the product specification.

At busy times, your ADSL connection may operate at a reduced speed, although not all customers on your exchange may be affected. You should only contact support if there is no current ETA date set.

The ETA fix time is: Not provided by BT

Record last updated: 18 Oct 13

thanks for the responses so far

0 Ratings
rob200375
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

I guess a buiness line is also more expensive, prior to this fiasco the line has worked perfectly for the speed we have

0 Ratings