Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
queenr
Contributor
Message 1 of 57

Broadband Connection Keeps Dropping - ERROR_NO_CARRIER

Go to solution

Hi,

I've been disconnected frequently (sometimes >10 times in 12 hours) when I look at the HH3 Event Log I can see a ERROR_NO_CARRIER for each break in the connection. This started on 9th December which was same day I got notification from BT that my line/exchange had been upgraded.

I've carried out all the usual tests but have not made much progress. However today I was told that my IP profile is to be increased, the line is currently showing the following stats, can someone please let me know if increasing the IP profile will have a positive impact on a connection that is frequenting being lost with ERROr_NO_CARRIER:-

Max achievable Speed 7150Kbps

DSL Connection Rate 7354Kbps

IP Profile 6487Kbps

My HH3 Line Stats are currently...

ADSL Line Status

Connection information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 day, 01:04:30
Downstream:7,072 Kbps
Upstream:736 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):9.9 dB / 7.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):48.0 dB / 28.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up):20.0 dBm / 12.6 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):8729 / 5
CRC Events (Down/Up):207 / 4
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):0
HEC Errors (Down/Up):7076 / 2
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):

0 / 0

0 Ratings
56 REPLIES 56
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 57

Re: Broadband Connection Keeps Dropping - ERROR_NO_CARRIER

Go to solution
hi you are on the new 88.2%ip profiling system this differs with the old system by the fact it changes immediately either up or down dependant on connection speed changes unlike the old system that used to to take 3/5 days to change so your profile can only change if your connection speed changes there is now nothing to reset
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 57

Go to solution

welcome to the forum

who told you that your profile will improve and that will give you a better speed.  that is not correct - you need to get your speed increased and that will give you and increased profile.  your profile is 88.2% of your connection speed so faster speed higher profile not the other way round.

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) http://speedtester.bt.com or http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9354/c/346,4740,5520 and post the results .

are you connected directly to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
queenr
Contributor
Message 4 of 57

Go to solution
Thanks, I've carried out the quiet line test and it was ok i.e. silent.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 57

Go to solution

ok  just need stats and whereabout you are connected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
queenr
Contributor
Message 6 of 57

Go to solution
I've added the HH3 stats to the original post. The router is connected to the main phone socket via a filter. I have one extension is the house which has nothing connected except a filter.
The error I see on the event log when the connection drops is:-
20:44:10,05 Jan. WAN connection WAN1_INTERNET_B_ATM2_0_35 connected.
20:44:10,05 Jan. DSL Link Up: Down Rate=7072Kbps, Up Rate=736Kbps; SNR Margin Down=9.9dB, Up=7.0dB;
20:36:17,05 Jan. WAN connection WAN1_INTERNET_B_ATM2_0_35 disconnected.[ERROR_NO_CARRIER]
20:36:15,05 Jan. PPP LCP Send Termination Request
20:36:14,05 Jan. WAN connection WAN3_TR069_INTERNET_R_ATM1_0_38 disconnected.[ERROR_NO_CARRIER]
20:36:14,05 Jan. DSL Link Down:the duration is 1125 seconds
0 Ratings
queenr
Contributor
Message 7 of 57

Go to solution
Thanks for the quick replies!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 57

Go to solution

there is something wrong with the stats - the HH3 normally shows speed in mbps but yours is in previous kbps,  also your modulation is 992.1 adslmax but your upstream is higher than standard 448 for adslmax

0 Ratings
queenr
Contributor
Message 9 of 57

Go to solution

The HH3 is new with the following software level:-

Information for Helpdesk agents

When contacting the BT Broadband helpdesk, the agent might ask you for details about your BT Home Hub. This page contains all of the information they are likely to request.
1. Product name:BT Home Hub 3.0B
2. Serial number:+058721+1137124H4R
3. Firmware version:V100R001C01B031SP09_L_B. Last updated Unknown
4. Board version:VER.D
5. ADSL uptime:0 day, 01:30:43
6. Bandwidth:736/7072
7. Data sent/received:273288690/204120629
8. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
9. BT FON:Yes
10. Wireless network/SSID:BTHub3-W7QN
11. Wireless connections:Enabled (b/g/n, 20M, WPS Enabled)
12. Wireless security:WPA and WPA2
13. Wireless channel:Automatic/1
14. Firewall:Default
15. MAC Address:CC:96:A0:8F:68:B2
16. VPI/VCI:0/38
17. Line profile:Interleaved
18. Software variant:09_L_B
19. Boot loader:1.0.37-106.5
0 Ratings
queenr
Contributor
Message 10 of 57

Go to solution
I'm not sure but when this started the exchange was upgraded I'm not sure to what level but I think it might now be at 21CN WBC status:
Enabled
0 Ratings