cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Broadband Connection

Hi

I have had increasing trouble connecting to broadband . I have connection for a few days then it drops out currently for four days with no access.

I have got access through BT openzone which has now disappeared from the connection list at my house.

Initially BT closed the problem on the grounds that they claimed to have telephoned back but as there was no answer they assumed it was alright. Difficult to prove the call made as my wife is disabled and always at home. The second technician told me that there was a problem  outside following all the tests, and would fast track it. 24 hours later another call back wanting to do same test as "problem at a higher level" then said no problem outside and wanted me to agree £99 charge for engineer to call. My query is if it connects sometime and then not other time what inside the house can be wrong? Why does openzone and BT Fon no longer appear in the connection options? This did give internet access but now there is nothing. I refused the option of a visit for £99, though if no fault inside it will not be charged. Does anyone have experience of a similar problem and have advice on how to solve it?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband Connection

there are many thinks that can cause a problem with your broadband

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) bt speedtester and post the results .

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi

Thanks for the help .I post below the results from ADSL

ADSL line status

Connection information

Line state

Connected

Connection time

0 days, 0:15:29

Downstream

14,335 Kbps

Upstream

447 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI

0/38

Type

PPPoA

Modulation

ITU-T G.992.5

Latency type

Interleaved

Noise margin (Down/Up)

7.8 dB / 21.6 dB

Line attenuation (Down/Up)

24.0 dB / 12.4 dB

Output power (Down/Up)

21.1 dBm / 12.2 d

The internet has now started working again and I am also able to get on the openzone  which disappeared I expect it to stay on for two days before it stops again for 4 days . Cpuld not see in  ADS; settings where to do the speed tester. Sorry for being dull on this

Rober

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

the speedtester web address is speedtester.bt.com

you need to select adsl & fibre diagnostics then just follow the instructions
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

can you go back to adsl stats in hub and then 'show detail' and post the error stats please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings