cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Broadband Goes Off When Phone Rings

I hope someone can offer me some advice , Im having a few problems with my hub and phone ,

Everytime we use the phone to either make calls or recieve them , Our Broadband goes off , Plus Our phone line is so noisy

have given up making calls with it ,

Have tried the BT line checker , It states No Faults ...

Thanks ,

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband Goes Off When Phone Rings

welcome to the forum

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should hear nothing and best with corded phone   if cordless dull hum normal

is there is noise hiss/crackle/static then your need to phone 151 and report a phone fault NOT a broadband fault.  get rid of noise and improve your broadband conenction

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bobbear
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband Goes Off When Phone Rings

Check for faulty/missing ADSL filter(s). The function of the ADSL filter is to separate the broadband digital signal from the telephone baseband analogue signal. A missing or faulty filter will cause interaction between the two services leading to a noisy analogue signal and an unreliable broadband signal that drops out every time a phone rings or a receiver lifted. EVERY analogue device plugged into a standard telephone socket (fax, telephone, alarm systems etc), MUST have a filter fitted unless the master socket is of a type with a built in filter.

Your HH then plugs into the ADSL output of one of the filters.

Filters do go faulty.

HTH

0 Ratings