Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Broadband Infinity Connections

Go to solution

I have left it too late to make up my mind to upgrade to fibre broadband  with bt,to gain the benefits of the " rewards",however I have some questions about the connections to the BT Master socket or other extension socket(s),so here goes.

My Bt master socket is fitted in my downstairs hall which is generally not used.From this Master socket,

I have ( diy) years ago run bt extension phone cable along skirt boards etc upstairs to a bt junction box and from there,connected 2 further lengths of cables to 2 bedrooms with bt phone ext sockets.( with filters)

To one of these presently is connected my pc and  non bt router ( sky) with filters fitted to all relevant sockets etc for which my basic bb works fine.If I was to Changed over to BT with BT Infinity 1,would  the bt hub 5 be OK to connect to this Bedroom ext socket.and if ok,What if any difference would be lost to the speed,compared to master connection.kind regards,LesJan Fin.

nb.tied in my current sky.bb contract until 22nd feb 2015,was not sure if I could have contacted bt in interim to " pre order "Infinity package,to claim rewards...in the current sale.But all depends on above connections issue really.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband Infinity Connections

Go to solution

You could with your setup connect the hub to your extension socket in your bedroom but there is no way to tell how much speed you would drop by doing that instead of connecting to master socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you for your information.By using this non master socket connection method,if I was to upgrade to BT Infinity 1,Could I expect  " some significant gain" of speed etc, or would it be an unknown scenario.regards.lesjanfin

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

if you enter your address as phone number will not work and see what speed estimates you get  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings