cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Golden11
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Broadband Infinity speed variations

I live in a rural area and fibre became available recently with the cabinet sited 10 metres from my door, speeds available are 80 : 20, my son lives 100  metres further along the road and his speeds ,from the same cabinet, on the dsl checker were 10 : 1.8 maximum, BT confirmed this and said it was all the line was capable of.

A neighbour 400 metres further along the road from the cabinet gets speeds in line with mine which causes hassle from my son's 3 children. Talking to BT does not help.

What causes the disparity in speeds available? and is there a solution to the problem?

Clarification of this seemingly absurd situaion would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband Infinity speed variations

enter you sons phone number and see what estimate he gets and also is he on same cabinet as you  which could make all the difference  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Golden11
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Have already given that information, see above.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

the information your already provided looks unlikely if son only 100 yards from cabinet hence why posting dslchecker information will help should you need to contact openreach or mods

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 5 of 5

I think the router connection stats from the sons hub would be more beneficial.

0 Ratings